Are you looking for today's Wordle answer? We have a bunch of hints for Wordle today that will help you narrow down the solution. If you can't figure it out yourself, we also reveal the correct word below our hint section.
Hint for Today's Wordle Answer (Meaning/Word use)
Today's Wordle answer is word used to describe a short poem or rap song verse.
The featured word in Wordle today starts with…
The letter R! Here is a list of all the five-letter words starting with R.
The featured word in Wordle today ends in…
The letter E! Here is a list of all the five-letter words ending in E.
Does today's word contain double letters?
No, today's Wordle answer does not contain duplicate letters.
More Hints (Possible Spoilers)
- 5-letter words starting with the first two letters.
- 5-letter words starting with the first three letters.
- 5-letter words starting with the first four letters.
- 5-letter words with the three middle letters.
- 5-letter words ending in the last two letters.
- 5-letter words ending in the last thee letters.
- 5-letter words ending in the last four letters.
While you are here, check all Wordle answers, Dordle answers, Quordle answers, and Octordle answers.
Wordle answer today: Thursday, August 4th, 2022 (Wordle #411)
The correct answer for today's Wordle puzzle: RHYME
- correspondence of sound between words or the endings of words, especially when these are used at the ends of lines of poetry.”poetic features such as rhythm, rhyme, and alliteration”
- a short poem in which the sound of the word or syllable at the end of each line corresponds with that at the end of another.plural noun: rhymes“Harriet sang Ben little rhymes”
- rhyming poetry or verse.”the clues were written in rhyme“
verb: rhyme; 3rd person present: rhymes; past tense: rhymed; past participle: rhymed; gerund or present participle: rhyming
- (of a word, syllable, or line) have or end with a sound that corresponds to another.”balloon rhymes with moon”
- (of a poem or song) be composed in rhyme.”the poem would have been better if it rhymed”
- put a word together with (another word that has a corresponding sound), as when writing poetry.”I'm not sure about rhyming perestroika with balalaika”
- literarycompose verse or poetry.”Musa rhymed and sang”
(Definitions from Oxford Languages)
What is Wordle?
Wordle is a web-based browser game created and developed by Welsh software engineer Josh Wardle and owned and published by The New York Times Company since 2022. This is a word-guessing game in which you must guess the right word in 6 tries.
When was Wordle released?
Wardle made Wordle available to the public in October 2021.
What happened to Wordle Archive?
Wordle players could access past Wordle puzzles through the World Archive website, but the New York Times took the site down.
Is Wordle getting harder?
Not really, but as the commonly used 5-letter English words are eliminated from the list of possible answers, you will encounter some less popular ones that may give you a more challenging time. If you want to make Wordle harder, you can use the game's hard mode.
Why are there multiple correct Wordle Answers some days?
In simple words, after the New York Times acquired Wordle, they may make changes to it occasionally, either for political correctness in case a word is controversial or to avoid obscure answers that will give a hard time to players.
How to play Wordle?
It is best to start with a five-letter word with the most popular letters or one with the most vowels. So, words like SOARE, ROATE, RAISE, STARE, SALET, CRATE, TRACE, and ADIEU are great starters.
From there on, you have another five guesses to figure out the answer. Remember that you can use only valid English 5-letter words to help you. Letters marked with green are in the correct position, while when a letter is marked yellow, you have guessed the correct letter but the wrong position. Wordle answers can contain the same letter more than once.
Your goal should be to eliminate as many letters as possible while putting the letters you have already discovered in the correct order.