Last Updated on August 17, 2021 by Anastasios Antoniadis
The latest Valorant patch notes for update 3.03 are here so let’s see what Riot Games is about to bring to the table.
Greetings! Let’s start with a quick note on Yoru from our Character Producer, John Goscicki:
Hey all, wanna touch on the Yoru changes we were hoping to get out by 3.02. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, the team is going to have to delay the Yoru updates indefinitely.
We’re in a situation where specific resources needed to do this work are unavailable to us. As soon as we get a clearer picture of when we can ship these changes, you’ll be the first to know—sincere apologies to everyone who has been looking forward to these.
What we do have is a lineup of new crosshair settings, the ability to shoot through Radianite crates, and a system to make it easier to revert AFK penalties due to server issues on our end.John Goscicki
There’s also the following Viper bug fix:
Agent Updates – VIPER Bug Fix
- Fixed a bug where Viper’s Pit started forming at the cursor placement point instead of around Viper:
- This is is technically a bug fix, but it alters the way Viper’s Pit is deployed. We accidentally shipped a bug in 3.01 that caused her ultimate to spawn at her placement reticle instead of around her. We know many Viper mains thought this was an intentional buff and might not be happy about this revert—we’re very sorry to cause pain for you all.
- We think that Viper’s Pit can be a very potent tool for holding an area. Given that impact, her team must pay the cost of securing ground before placing her ult instead of casting it forward into areas without giving up her position.
Gameplay Technology Updates
- Turn on “Use Advanced Options” to additionally customize your ADS crosshair and sniper scope center dot!
- Added the ability to save and switch between multiple crosshair profiles
- We hear you all on wanting the power to share your crosshair settings, and we agree! We don’t have an exact time frame on when that will be coming, but it is definitely on our radar.
- Added a setting to set a minimum firing error across all weapons
- Added a setting to use the primary crosshair with shotguns
- You can now shoot through Radianite crates, with appropriate weapons, from all angles.
- Previously, you could shoot through some crates from limited directions, but not others.
- Updated ziplines to allow the ‘Use’ key so you can detach at any point
- Added a system that enables us to automatically revert any AFK penalties applied to you in the event of unexpected server instability
- Autobalance button added for custom games with > 6 players based on players’ MMR
- Improved the accuracy and responsiveness of the ping calculation
- Ping stats now show both the average and the max ping values to help you better understand your networking conditions
- The average value is calculated from multiple samples collected over a small interval of time—the max value is the largest value within that sample.
- Fixed a bug where Killjoy’s turret was not affected by concussing
- Fixed Astra’s Gravity Well from pulling people while they were attached to ascenders
- Fixed a bug where Astra could activate Dissipate while attached to ascenders
- Fixed Boombot, Owl Drone, and Fakeout from destroying Sage’s Barrier Orb if placed in a way that overlapped a segment of the barrier wall