Having trouble with a crossword where the clue is “To make a __ story short . . .'“? Many popular websites offer daily crosswords, including the USA Today, LA Times, Daily Beast, Washington Post, New York Times (NYT daily crossword and mini crossword), and Newsday's Crossword. We all know that crosswords can be hard occasionally as they touch upon various subjects, and players can reach a dead end.
Hence, we have all the possible answers for your crossword puzzle to help your move on with solving it. Remember that some clues have multiple answers so you might have some cross-checking.Today's Deals on Amazon
In most cases, you must check for the matching answer among the available ones based on the number of letters or any letter position you have already discovered to ensure a matching pattern of letters is present, based on the rest of your answer.
To make a __ story short . . .' [Crossword Clue]
If “To make a __ story short . . .'” is the clue you have encountered, here are all the possible solutions, along with their definitions:
- LONG (4 Letters/Characters)
Crossword Answer Definition
Here are all the available definitions for each answer:
adjective: long; comparative adjective: longer; superlative adjective: longest
- measuring a great distance from end to end.
- lasting or taking a great amount of time.
- relatively great in extent.
- (of a vowel) categorized as long about quality and length (e.g., in standard British English, the vowel /u?/ in food is long as distinct from the short vowel /?/ in good ).
- (of odds or a chance) reflecting or representing a low level of probability.
- (of shares, bonds, or other assets) bought in advance, with the expectation of a price rise.
- (of a broker or their position in the market) buying or based on long stocks.
- (of a security) maturing at a distant date.
- (of a drink) large and refreshing, and in which alcohol, if present, is not concentrated.
- well supplied with.
noun: long; plural noun: longs
- a long period.
adverb: long; comparative adverb: longer; superlative adverb: longest
- for a long time.
- in questions about a period.
- at a time distant from a specified event or time.
- after an implied point of time.
- (after a noun of duration) throughout a specified period.
- (with reference to the ball in sport) at, to, or over a great distance
- beyond the point aimed at; too far.
While you are here, check the Crossword Database part of our site, filled with clues and all their possible answers!
What is a crossword?
A crossword is a word puzzle usually takes the form of a square or a rectangular grid of white- and black-shaded squares. The goal is to fill the white squares with letters, forming words or phrases by solving clues that lead to the answers.