Having trouble with a crossword where the clue is “Scratched the surface?“? Many popular websites offer daily crosswords, including the USA Today, LA Times, Daily Beast, Washington Post, New York Times (NYT daily crossword and mini crossword), and Newsday's Crossword. We all know that crosswords can be hard occasionally as they touch upon various subjects, and players can reach a dead end.
Hence, we have all the possible answers for your crossword puzzle to help your move on with solving it. Remember that some clues have multiple answers so you might have some cross-checking.Today's Deals on Amazon
In most cases, you must check for the matching answer among the available ones based on the number of letters or any letter position you have already discovered to ensure a matching pattern of letters is present, based on the rest of your answer.
Scratched the surface? [Crossword Clue]
If “Scratched the surface?” is the clue you have encountered, here are all the possible solutions, along with their definitions:
- ETCHED (6 Letters/Characters)
Crossword Answer Definition
Here are all the available definitions for each answer:
- made by or subjected to etching.
past tense: etched; past participle: etched
- engrave (metal, glass, or stone) by coating it with a protective layer, drawing on it with a needle, and then covering it with acid to attack the parts the needle has exposed, especially in order to produce prints from it.
- use the etching process to produce (a print or design).
- (of an acid or other solvent) corrode or eat away the surface of (something).
- selectively dissolve the surface of (a semiconductor or printed circuit) with a solvent, laser, or stream of electrons.
- cut or carve (a text or design) on a surface.
- mark (a surface) with a carved text or design.
- cause to stand out or be clearly defined or visible.
- (of an experience, image, etc.) be permanently fixed in someone's memory.
While you are here, check the Crossword Database part of our site, filled with clues and all their possible answers!
What is a crossword?
A crossword is a word puzzle that usually takes the form of a square or a rectangular grid of white- and black-shaded squares. The goal is to fill the white squares with letters, forming words or phrases by solving clues that lead to the answers.