Last Updated on February 22, 2022 by Anastasios Antoniadis
Rainbow Six Siege update Y7S1 will soon roll out on PS4, PS5, PC, and Xbox One. According to R6 Siege Y7S1 patch notes, the latest update added a new defender Azami (Kiba barrier gadget), permanent Team Deathmatch mode, and changes for Goyo, Melusi, Thunderbird, Kali, Valkyrie, and Zero. Apart from this, Rainbow 6 Siege patch Y7S1 also includes stability fixes.
Previously, a big season 3 update was released with various quality of life changes and fixes. Read more details below.
What is new in R6 Siege Y7S1?
Added a new defender Azami (Kiba barrier gadget)
The Kiba Barrier is a modified kunai that sticks to a surface after it’s thrown and releases a material that first expands then solidifies, creating a bulletproof barrier to patch up those holes in your defenses.
- FIXED – Entering Observation Tools will default to security cameras if one of a player’s Observation Tools was picked up or destroyed.
- FIXED – Unable to pick up some devices that are deployed into small spaces.
- FIXED – Camera goes out of bounds if watching a kill cam when the end of round replay begins.
- FIXED – Windows don’t break when deploying a device on a barricade.
- FIXED – After spawning, crosshairs can sometimes remain visible while aiming down sights.
- FIXED – Camera goes out of bounds for Attackers in support mode when the last Attacker is eliminated and there are no Observation Tools on their team.
- FIXED – Bulletproof Camera EMP burst disables electronic map objects for 15 seconds instead of 6 seconds.
- FIXED – Bulletproof Camera EMP burst can destroy fragile map objects.
- FIXED – Players can defuse the same bomb sight twice to win a Training Grounds match on Favela map.
- FIXED – Ace’s S.E.L.M.A. Aqua Breacher activates when deployed on the indestructible floor in 1F Lounge on Tower map.
- FIXED – Multiple LOD issues on various maps.
- FIXED – Azami’s Kiba Barrier doesn’t collapse when an operator stands on it.
- FIXED – Pulse’s Cardiac Sensor can’t be unequipped after a player equips it and immediately swaps to a gadget.
- FIXED – Flores’ RCE-Ratero Charge floats midair when affected by Mute’s Signal Disruptor while jumping.
- FIXED – Ying is unable to vault while holding a Candela.
- FIXED – Bullet impact visuals appear on both of Maestro’s Evil Eyes when only one is shot.
- FIXED – Activating Flores’ RCE-Ratero Charge changes the Observation Tool that an Operator was viewing.
- FIXED – Maverick’s Breaching Torch is unable to breach a reinforced wall when an Operator’s shield is pressed against the other side.
- FIXED – Defenders lose the round and Goyo gets a Friendly Fire penalty if an Attacker moves the hostage near a Volcán Canister and disconnects after deploying a device to destroy the canister.
- FIXED – Defenders lose the round and Wamai gets a Friendly Fire penalty if an Attacker moves the hostage near Wamai’s MAG-Net and disconnects after deploying a device to destroy the MAG-Net.
- FIXED – Bandit’s Shock Wire can’t be deployed on a reinforced hatch when another device is in the center of it.
- FIXED – Osa’s Talon-8 Shield remains visible if it’s destroyed by Maverick’s Breaching Torch during deployment.
- FIXED – Fuze’s Cluster Charge can be deployed on an angle where a reinforced and indestructible wall meet.
- FIXED – Various animation issues.
- FIXED – Various VFX and audio issues.
- FIXED – Various UI issues.
- FIXED – Various localization issues.
- FIXED – Various customization issues.
- FIXED – Overall game performance.
- FIXED – Player isn’t returned to the Watch section at the end of a match replay.
- FIXED – Screen resolution slider for Display options can become unresponsive.
- FIXED – Match Replay experiences long loading times when transitioning between rounds if the rewind and pause buttons are pressed repeatedly as the round ends.
- FIXED – Crash occurs when multiple players repeatedly switch Operators while the lobby is paused by the host.
Download free Rainbow Six Siege patch Y7S1 on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.