Table of contents
How the Wishlist Works
The Wishlist is a feature of the Noble Tavern that increases the pull rate of specific heroes when they’re placed on the list. For the wishlist choices to be in effect, you will have your wishlist full. Normally, your chance to pull an elite hero is 4.61%, split into 4.41% for the four core factions and 0.2% for Celestials and Hypogeans. With more than 70 heroes in the four core factions of AFK Arena, your chances of pulling a specific hero are less than 0.1% (around 0.063%).
Now the official response from is that when your wishlist is full that 4.41% will only be spread across heroes in your wishlist. With 20 heroes in your wishlist we get 4.41/20 = 0.2205% for a specific hero in your wishlist which 3.5 times more. But the best part is that you are going to get a hero you want no matter what (unless you have reached a point where you add placeholders to the whishlist).
Keep in mind that you need 8 copies of each hero to ascend them to the ascended tier and since increasing the stars of ascended heroes only increases stats by 2.5% it's a good idea to swap when you reach that point.
Eventually you should consider adding some legendary heroes to your wishlist so that you have enough fodder ascend others to “Ascended”
The wishlist is unlocked quite early on, after completing stage 4-4 and is a core mechanic for collecting and upgrading heroes for progression.
Now without further ado let's see how my wishlist on a new account looks like.
My Initial Wishlist (as of Patch 1.64)
I created my initial wishlist with one thing in mind. I wanted to put 20 heroes that I won't regret having when I reach end-game.
Most of the choices are obvious but let me explain them a bit. One of the things I had also in mind was that the 5 heroes for each faction could work together (to some extent) as a team in the faction tower.
My recommendation here is “use as is”.
- Rowan: One of the best characters in AFK Arena and a constant energy buffer.
- Rosaline: The energy and attack rating buffer for your main carry. As of patch 1.64 you can select the hero she follows!
- Gwyneth: The only Lightbearer carry that still makes sense to use, because she doesn't fall apart later on. Lightbearers suck in that department at the moment.
- Hendrik: We all need a tank and Hendrik remains decent throughout the game. I don't have Lucius as much as other people do but I would gladly scroll swap him on my main account with the next swap scroll.
- Raine: For bosses and because she can be useful in 5-team fights.
Maulers have some very strong 5/5 Mauler formations so if you are going for one you could easily alter the choices below.
- Kren: He might just well be the best mauler right now.
- Tidus: If Kren is not the best then Tidus is and he still can be used in several formations.
- Skreg: Skreg can be useful eventually as a tank so it's better to start him sooner rather than later. Brutus on the other hand does not need that many copies to work, his immunity will be there.
- Skriath: Still valuable as a CC.
- Safiya: Still a solid carry due to her ultimate and is useful in multiple formations towards the end of the game, just like Skriath.
Raku can replace Saurus, even in faction tower. So if you don't want Saurus on your wishlist you can add Pippa or Nemora.
- Raku: Insane damage at SI +30. Probably the replacement for Saurus in boss fights.
- Eironn: He can be a main carry until Chapter 30, but he will be useful even beyond that.
- Tasi: Her CC remains priceless.
- Lyca: She will always be useful even just for the haste.
- Saurus: Saurus is not just a king of boss fights. He can shine in Campaign with CC and haste (and look what the two heroes above provide).
You can't go wrong here.
- Daimon: My carry of choice till end game where he remains super valuable.
- Thoran: A very strong choice, even beyond Thoran Cheese.
- Silas: There aren't many Graveborn buffer options so Silas is a must-have.
- Ferael: Disruption and stun king. Still reigns supreme.
- Izold: For Izold Cheese but not just that.
While I don't like every single hero in this list they turn out to be useful in several different end-game setups.
- Eluard: Useful towards the end-game and in high Tower of Light floors.
- Estrilda: Estrilda is not super useful but she has great synergy with Shemira for Demonic Entity and her buffs are sometimes valuable.
- Cecilia: She is very useful in high Tower of Light floors, can be vital in Abyssal Expedition and her damage reduction is useful in Twisted Realm. She can also be useful to turn Soren around.
- Fawkes: The closest thing to CC you can find in Lighbearers. Can be useful in Tower of Light and in third or fourth teams in Campaign.
- Numisu: I don't like him but people use him in several formations, especially prior to the end-game.
- Brutus: His immunity and dodge reduction can be valuable.
- Antandra: Antandra is one of the characters that can be very useful in late game if you have built her.
- Satrana: Pretty much similar to Antrandra and she is the Maulers' anti-heal expert.
- Pippa: Part of the current meta Wilder team in faction Tower. She is very good at SI +20. She is great overall, useful in campaign to and you could swap out Raku if you want to start with that Wilder team as soon as possible.
- Nemora: Her charm is invaluable for end-game content and very high faction Tower floors with Raku and without a Saurus.
- Gorvo: The best tank for Wilders and can be useful against certain teams.
- Respen: I love him but I don't see him in any meta teams and I believe that for him to become a better option than Lyca he needs SI +30 to provide haste early in fights.
- Grezhul: It's not just the synergy with Saurus in boss fights, he is extremely valuable in Tower of faction and Campaign formations.
- Nara: While I would expect her to not be viable anymore she is part of the meta team for high floors in the faction tower. Disruption and her execute skill are valuable.
- Oden: Oden might as well be in your initial wishlists if you are going for formations that use him.
- Isabella: Can be useful for burst damage.