In this guide, we will explain how you can get Minecraft unblocked at school or your workplace. Firstly, we all deserve a break, especially the young ones. Therefore, you should be able to have some fun at school. Many people want to play online games such as Minecraft or scroll through Instagram and other social media during breaks.?
However, what can you do when your favorite games and websites are blocked at school, university, or work? There are some free ways to unblock websites and access game servers, which we will discuss below. However, the best option to solve all your Minecraft connectivity problems at school is a paid one.
As usual, most great things in life don't come for free
You've likely encountered connection issues, accessibility issues, or even been unable to download the game if you spend a lot of time building, mining, and exploring Minecraft, the fantastic worlds you can get with different Minecraft seeds.
It is straightforward to unblock Minecraft at a particular place if you use a Virtual Private Network. Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) exist precisely for that reason. They encrypt your internet traffic, and since your data and destination remain hidden and private, the school's administration cannot block access to any website or game you want.
Play Minecraft Classic
How to download & install Minecraft on a Google Chromebook
Here's how to download & get Minecraft (Java Edition) on a Google Chromebook:
- First, go to your device's “Settings & open the “Developers” section.
- Now enable “Linux (beta)” & follow the steps of the process.
- Now you should have Linux enabled and root access to it so you can use sudo to run commands with root priviledges. Enter sudo apt update & apt upgrade to update your Linux OS.
- Next, install the Java Development Kit with:
- sudo apt install default-jdk
- Enable Mouse Lock (Pointer Lock) flag in Google Chrome:
- Log in to the official Minecraft site
- From Games, select “Minecraft”
- Click on “Get Minecraft”
- Then select “Computer”, then “Linux”, and “Download”
- This will download the “minecraft.deb” file
- You can install Minecraft using the .deb file by typing sudo apt install ./minecraft.deb on the download folder.
- Finally, find the Minecraft app in your launcher and start playing.
How to download and play Mincecraft 1.8.9 on a school computer [Windows & Mac]
- Download the SkaiaCraft Launcher from Mediafire.
- Unzip file
- You will need to have Java installed on your computer.
- Run the .jar file
- Create your username
How download & install Minecraft Education Edition on a school Chromebook
Unlike the standard versions, Minecraft Education Edition will run on Chromebook without any rooting or major workarounds. So here's how to download, get & play Minecraft Education Edition On Chromebook
- Open “Settings” on Chromebook
- Find the “Google Play Store” option
- Click on the “Turn on” button
- Next open the Google Play Store and look for: “Minecraft Education Edition“
- Use your school account to log in
This is the trial version of Minecraft Education and it allows you to log in 10 times for free. After that, you will have to buy it.
How to unblock Minecraft at school for free (not 100% working)
There are a lot of ways to get Minecraft unblocked at school. Before we jump to the 100% working way to get Minecraft unblocked at school, here is the list of some simple alternatives that may work for you.
- Switch the application protocol on your browser address bar from HTTP to HTTPS. If the ISP at your school blocks the standard HTTP version of Minecraft's official website, try accessing it by adding an “s” after “http”. Here is the https version of Minecraft's website.
- Download the game from another site. There could be no restrictions on accessing other sources if your school only blocks the official site. Look for other sources of the game.
- Make use of Minecraft launchers. For instance, the Skaia Launcher lets you play Minecraft for free. However beware if you decide to try this as it is a cracked version of the game and thus illegal.
Tech-savvy users can use other methods to bypass various restrictions, but these are the ones that should allow you to enjoy Minecraft at school relatively quickly and easily. There isn't a lot of tech know-how involved in these methods so that you can try them quickly.
For those who cannot get Minecraft up and running with any of the above options or simply want it to run fast, download and install a VPN.
How to use a VPN to unblock Minecraft
Try a VPN if you're having trouble connecting to Minecraft servers or even downloading the game.
Despite sounding technical, VPN software is an effortless way to address most of today's privacy concerns. Take the example of Minecraft, for instance. By following the three steps below, you'll see that it's the farthest thing from complicated.
These are the things that separate you from an unblocked version of Minecraft:
- The first step is to download a VPN. VPNs are available as browser extensions, desktop, and laptop apps, as well as apps for Android and iOS.
- The second step is to connect to any server. Your choice of server can affect game speed. In most cases, it's better to select a nearby city or a neighboring country to ensure the smoothest experience.
- The third step involves simply logging into Minecraft as you normally would.
Playing anywhere couldn't be easier – have fun!
Please note that you will probably need administrator privileges to install any program if you are using a school or work computer, including a VPN.
Best VPNs for Minecraft unblocked
Here are our recommendations for the best VPN providers to help you experience Minecraft unblocked at school with zero fuss:
What is a VPN and what does it do?
So, how does a VPN make Minecraft unblocked at school networks? Using a VPN, you can hide online so that even your internet service provider can't see your actual location and IP address or monitor your online activity.
A VPN virtually moves you from one location to another by tricking your internet provider into believing you are playing Minecraft anywhere but the school. This method is legal and safe. It only ensures that the school's administration is not aware of what you are trying to do on a computer or smartphone.
With a VPN, you can unblock streaming services outside of the US and access any blocked music, gaming, or other entertainment websites without any hassle.
You can install a VPN app on desktops, laptops, smartphones, smart TVs, and even routers to have your privacy fully protected. Moreover, all paid VPNs allow at least five simultaneous connections, so you can use them with your friends to enjoy Minecraft unblocked and split the costs.
Minecraft unblocked – Conclusion
This concludes our guide to how to enjoy Minecraft unblocked at school. Our VPN recommendations will definitely help you access Minecraft without issues and speed dropoffs.