Last Updated on February 22, 2022 by Anastasios Antoniadis
Amazon Games and Smilegate MMO aRPG Lost Ark is sweeping the gaming community. It’s easy to see why, as it has been an enormous success. When creating a new Lost Ark character, you first pick a class. Your character’s class selection will decide what type of playstyle and your strengths and weaknesses in combat.
This guide will cover everything you need to know to select a Lost Ark class with a primary focus on tackling endgame content challenges. We’ll show you how to choose the suitable class for your needs, such as what classes are best for PvE or PvP, what each class can do, and what you can expect from each class.
Lost Ark class tier list
The sections below will detail each Lost Ark class, but these class-tier lists will provide a quick overview of the top classes for PvE and PvP. Although some classes are more effective than others, they all work well in PvE/PvP if you can effectively use their abilities and attacks.
Here is the PvE tier list of Lost Ark classes, ranked from best to worst:
- S Tier: Bard, Gunlancer
- A Tier: Artillerist, Berserker, Paladin, Gunslinger, Sorceress, Wardancer
- B Tier: Shadowhunter, Sharpshooter, Deadeye, Deathblade
- C Tier: Striker, Deadeye, Soulfist, Scrapper
Here is the PvP tier list of Lost Ark classes, ranked from best to worst:
- S Tier: Bard, Deathblade, Gunslinger
- A Tier: Paladin, Gunlancer, Deadeye, Sorceress, Wardancer
- B Tier: Striker, Soulfist, Sharpshooter, Shadowhunter, Berserker
- C Tier: Scrapper, Artillerist
What Lost Ark class Suits you Best?
Like many other MMOs, Lost Ark has a variety of classes that you can use to suit different playstyles. If you are interested in finding the class that suits you most in your early steps, make sure to have a look at our Lost Ark classes overview.
Each class has its own 2 or 3 subclasses, which further dictates its operation. Here is a class breakdown with its subclasses to help you choose the suitable class.
- Warrior: This melee-focused Warrior has a slower speed but more health than any other class. It also deals solid damage. Warriors are Lost Ark’s take on tanks. It’s also the most accessible class to learn due to the simplicity of its mechanics. The subclasses include DPS-focused Berserker and the sturdy and defense Gunlancer. Paladin is a tank/support hybrid subclass.
- Martial Artist: This unit is the fastest on the battlefield. It deals out heavy melee damage in short bursts and avoids it with fast movements. The Striker subclass is focused on powerful aerial combo attacks, while the Wardancer uses powerful elements. The Scrapper subclass uses unique energy to destroy foes with devastating burst damage. Soulfist can quickly switch between melee and ranged moves to adapt to any circumstance.
- Gunner: The Gunner class is Lost Ark’s range-focused class. It can take out enemies before they even get close. Gunslingers can quickly switch between different guns, which makes them versatile. The Artillerist subclass is a fire support role, bombarding enemies with massive cannons and barraging them. The Deadeye is similar in strength to the Gunslinger, but it is weaker at close range and stronger at long distances. Meanwhile, the Sharpshooter is agile and can avoid melee attackers well. He uses a bow to make critical hits in combat.
- Mage: Although they have lower health than other classes, mage’s are more potent in ranged magic and can heal quickly. The Sorceress is for those who want to maximize damage potential. The Bard is ideal for those who want to help their team heal and buff their allies.
- Assassin: Although the Assassin class is similar to Martial Artists, there are some differences. Assassins are slower and deal more damage per hit than Martial Artists. They also do bonus damage when they get critical hits. The Deathblade has three blades, excels at chaining multiple moves together, and the Shadowhunter is an enigmatic shapeshifter rogue with magic crowd control and powerful melee attacks.
Lost Ark best PvE classes
While most classes are at least decent in PvE there are three that stand out as the cream of the crop:
- Bard: The ability to survive in complex engagements in MMO PvE is essential for high-level players. Bards are great for protecting themselves and their team with powerful buffs and solid healing abilities. Bards are a valuable addition to any fight team.
- Gunlancer: Gunlancers make for a solid addition to any PvE team. The subclass’ high health, defensive emphasis, and ability to absorb damage make them an excellent tank. Gunlancers can win in combat, even when other classes do not support them because their damage is quite devastating.
- Sorceress: If the Sorceress class lines up behind a solid melee frontline that draws aggro, the damage of these characters is immense. You will see your damage numbers rise if you choose Sorceress.
Lost Ark best PvP classes
Lost Ark’s PvP works in a way that allows all classes and subclasses of the game to be practical. However, some classes are more potent than others in the meta.
Here are the top PvP classes in Lost Ark’s season 1.
- Bard: The Bard is equally effective in PvP and PvE. Bards can provide healing and buffs, which often make the difference in PvP. You should have at least one Bard in your group. Bards are unable to defeat their enemies by themselves and will require protection.
- Deathblade: Although Warriors are the more melee-oriented class in PvE (mostly), Assassins are better in PvP. The Deathblade is one of the most potent Assassin subclasses. Its melee combos can be highly deadly and rip apart opponents if appropriately executed.
- Gunslinger: This ranged unit has a practical option at every range. It is precious in Lost Ark’s dynamic, PvP fights. The Gunslinger is an excellent PvP class, with the ability to switch between rifle, shotgun, or pistol.