In this step-by-step guide, we will show you how to delete a page in Word. For one, you may want to delete a page containing text, graphics, or other content in a Microsoft Word document. Or maybe you want to eliminate that blank white page at the end of your report that won’t appear to go away. We will answer both of these two questions in this guide.
Read also: How to delete a Snapchat account
- 1 How to delete a page in Word documents
- 2 Delete the blank page at the end of a Microsoft Word document
- 3 How to Delete a Page in Word – Video Guide
- 4 FAQ
- 5 Conlcusion
How to delete a page in Word documents
The easiest way to get rid of a content page in Word is to select the content on that page and press the Backspace key or Delete on Mac.
Alternatively, you can use the Microsoft Word text processor's built-in “Find and Replace” tool.
- First, tap or click on the page that you want to delete. You can see the page number of the page you’re on by looking in the bottom-left corner of the window.
- Next, press Ctrl + G on Windows, or Option + Command + G on Mac.
- You’ll now be in the “Go To” tab of the “Find & Replace” window.
- After that, type
\pagein the “Enter Page Number” text box.
- Finally, Select “Go To.”
- All of the content on your current page will be selected.
- You can now press the Backspace key or Delete on Mac to delete the entire page
Delete the blank page at the end of a Microsoft Word document
Moreover, there is always a blank page at the end of any Word document that won’t go away. This is because Microsoft Word includes an end paragraph that you can’t delete.
As a result, this sometimes causes a blank page to appear at the end of a document, depending on where the last line of your content ended.
Since you can’t erase this ending paragraph, the only way to really eliminate the blank page at the end is to set the last paragraph's font size to 1pt.
- First of all, you will need to make the paragraph marks appear on your Word doc.
- To do this, press Ctrl + Shift+8 on Windows or Command + 8 on Mac.
- Next, select the paragraph mark by putting your cursor on the last paragraph's marking icon and double clicking it.
- This will make the formatting window appear. In the “Font Size” box, type “01” and press the Enter key.
- After the resizing of the last paragraph, the blank page at the end will now be removed.
- You can also safely remove paragraph marks now by pressing Ctrl + Shift + 8 or Command + 8 on Mac.
How to Delete a Page in Word – Video Guide
How do I delete multiple pages in a Word document?
- Firstly, pen the Word document which you want to remove the extra page at end of the content.
- Next, press Ctrl + End buttons at the same time to get to the end of the document.
- Now just long-press the Backspace button for a while, then the excessive page will be removed from your Word.
Why can't I delete extra page in Word?
In some versions of Microsoft Word, you cannot delete the extra page in Word documents, so you will have to reduce its font size to 1 to make it “disappear.”
How do I remove a section break next page in Word?
These are the steps to delete a section break next page in Word:
- Firstly, onn the Home tab, go to the Paragraph section, and click SHOW/HIDE ¶ to show the paragraph symbols.
- After that, place your cursor just before the section break.
- Finally, press [Delete] to delete section break next page.
There are multiple ways to erase extra pages in Microsoft Word. Most will work on most Word versions, and in this post, we have covered virtually every single case, so we hope we have you covered