iPhone 13 users have several options for clearing their caches, whether they are in Safari or other apps, including third-party ones.
If you clear the cache on iPhone for Safari, all the files, images, passwords, and scripts from previously visited websites will be wiped. You can also delete or offload iPhone apps to clear their caches.
Consequently, you can free up space on your iPhone by clearing the cache for Safari and certain apps, improving speed and performance.
However, make sure you know your passwords before clearing the cache on your iPhone, as clearing your cache will log you out of your favorite websites and you will have to re-log into all your apps using your credentials.
Read also: How to back up your iPhone 13 device
The following steps will help you clear the cache on your iPhone 13:
You can clear the browser cache on your iPhone by selecting Safari in the Settings app and clicking “Clear History and Website Data. This method applies both to iPhone and iPad devices and will remove all your browsing data.
The following is a step-by-step guide:
- First, navigate to your iPhone’s settings and select Safari.
- Next, tap “Clear History and Website Data.”
- After that, you can clear your Safari cache, history, and cookies by tapping “Clear History and Website Data.”.
- If you choose to clear Safari's data, your device will have to confirm that you want to do so. Tap the subsequent confirmation message.
In Settings, you can also clear the cache and preserve history and cookies by clicking Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data.
Read also: How to take a screenshot on your iPhone
How to clear the cache of iPhone 13 third-party apps
To clear the cache on iPhone apps, you'll need to offload them. Offloading an app will free up the storage space the app uses while still keeping its documents and data. If and when you reinstall the app, the app will reinstate your data.
- Firstly, go to “Settings” > “General” > “iPhone Storage.”
- Next, the “iPhone Storage” option should be beneath the “Accessibility” option.
- Select the app you want to offload and tap “Offload App.” T
- After selecting “Offload App” a modal window will pop up for you to confirm your choice.
Optional: You can delete the app if you no longer need it.
Read also: How to turn off or restart your iPhone 13
How to clear caches on iPhone for apps with a cache feature
If an app has a cache feature, you can clear it directly in your iPhone’s settings. To get rid of app data, follow these steps:
- Go to your iPhone's settings.
- Scroll to find the eligible app, then tap it.
- There should be an option to “Clear cache”.
- To clear the app's cache, tap the green toggle next to it.
Here's a tip: iPhones also offer offloading recommendations. To help free up space and speed up your device, you can enable auto-delete of old iMessages and review downloaded videos for possible deletion.
And another tip: You can also delete the cache of an individual app on your iPhone 13 by deleting and reinstalling the app.
How to Reinstall Deleted Apps
To reinstall a deleted app launch the App Store app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select the Today tab if you have not already done so.
- Click on your circular profile photo at the top-right of the Today screen to access your account settings.
- Tap the Purchased option to navigate to your purchase history section. This section will contain two tabs; “All” and “Not on this Phone”.
- After you have found the app you wish to re-install, tap the cloud download icon to re-download and re-install it.
In the current state of affairs, iOS lacks a straightforward way to clear the cache in apps. Until Apple improves the granularity of app, cache, and storage deletion, the methods we provided above are your best options for clearing any clutter from your iPhone 13.