If your carrier supports Visual Voicemail, you can set it up on your iPhone 13 with these steps:
- To access Voicemail, navigate to Phone > Voicemail (lower-right) on the Home screen.-right).
- Tap Set Up Now.
If you do not see the ‘Set Up Now' pop-up, your Voicemail has already been set up. From the Voicemail screen, tap Greeting and follow steps 6-8.
- Enter a password, then tap Done.
The password must be between 4-6 digits in length.
- Re-enter the password, then tap Done.
- Tap Custom to record a greeting.
To use your carrier's default greeting, tap (check) Default.
- Tap Record to begin.
- When finished, tap Stop.
- To complete the process, tap ‘Done‘ or ‘Save‘.
How to transfer your existing Voicemail
Follow these steps to transfer your existing voicemail:
- Tap the Voicemail tab in the Phone app.
- Click the Set Up Now button.
- Please enter your password* and then tap Done.
- You can now record a custom greeting or use the default greeting and then tap Save.
Visual Voicemail Troubleshooting
Here are some steps you can try if you need assistance. Make sure to check your Visual Voicemail after each step:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS.
- Go to Settings > General > About to check if a carrier-bundle update is available. A message will appear asking you to install the update.
- Try calling someone to test your cellular network connection.
- Make sure that you have voicemail set up. You can check by calling your own phone number from your iPhone and leaving yourself a message.
- Try calling your iPhone from another phone and leaving yourself a voicemail.
- You can either press and hold the “1” key on your on-screen keyboard or select the Call Voicemail button on the keypad. This will dial voicemail. If you have any missed messages, it means that your Voicemail works.
- Tap Greeting on the Voicemail screen. Select a custom or default greeting.
- Switch to the other cellular plan if you have more than one on your iPhone. Try to call the first number and leave a message.
- Navigate to Settings > General > Reset and select Reset Network Settings.
- Contact your carrier if none of the above steps worked.