Having trouble with a crossword where the clue is “Group of gnats“? Many popular websites offer daily crosswords, including the Washington Post, the New York Times (NYT mini crossword), and Newsday's Crossword. We all know that crosswords can be hard occasionally as they touch upon a bunch of different subjects, and players can reach a dead end.
Hence, we have all the possible answers for your crossword puzzle to help your move on with solving it. Remember that some clues have multiple answers, so you might have some cross-checking.
In most cases, you must check for the matching answer among the available ones based on the number of letters or any letter position you have already discovered to ensure there is a matching pattern.
Group of gnats [Crossword Clue]
If “Group of gnats” is the clue you have encountered, here are all the possible solutions, along with their definitions:
- SWARM (5 Letters/Characters)
Crossword Answer Definition
Here are all the available definitions for each answer:
noun: swarm; plural noun: swarms
- a large or dense group of flying insects. “a swarm of locusts.”
- a large number of honeybees that leave a hive en masse with a newly fertilized queen to establish a new colony.
verb: swarm; 3rd person present: swarms; past tense: swarmed; past participle: swarmed; gerund or present participle: swarming
- (of flying insects) move in or form a swarm. “a plague of locusts swarmed across the countryside.”
- (of honeybees, ants, or termites) issue from the nest in large numbers to mate and create new colonies.” the bees had swarmed and left the hive”
- move somewhere in large numbers.”protesters were swarming into the building.”
While you are here, check the Crossword Database part of our site, filled with clues and all their possible answers!