In this post, we will detail how to get Spotify Premium for free or at a discount. Spotify is one of the most popular media service providers globally, with over 356 million active monthly users and over 158 million subscribers to its paid plans. Spotify is an audio streaming service that distributes digital copyright-restricted music and podcasts.
Read also: Netflix free trials in 2021
UPDATE: You can get 3 months of Spotify Premium for free with Honey.
Spotify users can choose between the Free and Premium plan:
- The Free plan has limitations such as interrupted listening as it introduces random preroll advertisements and its restricted to online listening only.
- The Premium plan offers uninterrupted listening and allows you to control audio quality, save your music to your device for offline listening, and more features but comes at $9.99/month.
Fortunately, we are here for you so let's get down to explore the list of all possible ways to get Spotify Premium for free or at a discount.
Sign up for a Spotify Premium free trial
Spotify itself is always the easiest option for everyone looking to get Spotify Premium for free. While this is not always an available offer if you have never subscribed to Spotify Premium before, you can sometimes get a one-month free trial (three-month if you use PayPal). At the moment, the offer seems to have expired on July 1, 2021, but it stills seems available on the website. Users in the US will find the Spotify free trial offer running far more often than on most other markets.
Here are the steps to sign up for the free trial:
- Visit the official Spotify website.
- After that, click START FREE TRIAL.
- Log in with your account that has never subscribed to the Premium membership. But if you don't have one, click Sign up for Spotify to create a new account.
- Make sure you select the Premium plan and pick your payment method (once again, PayPal can get you a three-month free trial). Then, enter your payment details to finish the sign up process.
Read also: PS4 discount codes
Ensure that you cancel the subscription before the trial ends. Otherwise, you will be automatically charged $9.99 each month.
If you have more than one available e-mail accounts, you can use this method to sign up for multiple free trials. This process could be cumbersome, but that's effective. We've all been there. By using multiple 90-day free trials you can enjoy all the perks of a premium Spotify subscription (music download, ad-free listening, access to the full library, and unlimited skips) for free for as long as you like.
These are extremely useful ways to save money and fund your Spotify subscription.
Utilize cashbacks and online rewards
Swagbucks: With Swagbucks, you can participate in online surveys or even use specific apps to earn points that will reward you with gift cards, including Netflix gift cards.
TopCashback: When you make purchases from featured retailers, TopCashback will pass 100% of their commission back to you. You can then withdraw your cashback and spend it on a Netflix subscription.
Use coupon extensions like Honey and Coupert
Honey and Coupon are both free and 100% legit (available on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge) that will provide you with all the latest coupons and promo codes for supported retailers.
Even if there isn't a coupon available, both extensions allow you to earn cash back on purchases.
How to start using Honey
Honey is a free browser extension that searches for some of the best deals on the internet. One-click and Honey automatically search for and tests available coupon codes at checkout on 30,000+ popular sites.
1) Install the Honey extension on your browser and sign up with your email address.
2) Go to spotify.com and click Honey's icon on the top right corner. Honey not only shows all available coupons, but it also tries them out.
How to start using Coupert
1) Install the Coupert extension on your browser and sign up with your email address.
With 7,000+ participating stores, you can earn points that you can redeem for cash.
Install the Coupert Chrome extension and shop online wherever you usually do. You can accumulate gold points (known as ‘gold').
Shoppers can earn points by clicking ‘Activate' after shopping at a participating retailer.
Once you have accumulated at least $10 in points, you can cash out to your PayPal account.
Go to Reddit for Spotify Premium idle offers
Reddit to the rescue! On subreddits like Free or Freebies, users may give away idle Spotify Premium offers. So make sure to check them frequently. You can also post requests for Spotify discount coupons and promo codes.
Take Advantage of Spotify Discounted Plans
Spotify has some exciting discount offers, the most significant being the 50% discount on the Student plan. The other options include the Duo and the Family plan. All plans offer a free month to users who have never used Spotify Premium.
Get a 50% Discount with the Student Plan
If you are a student, you can get a 50% discount and subscribe to Spotify Premium for $4.49/month. The plan is available globally as long as your institution is eligible, but you can get SHOWTIME for free and the ad-supported Hulu plan, too, if you live in the US.
Most music streaming services, including YouTube Music and Apple Music, offer student plans. As a Ph.D. student in Greece, I have used all three of them in the past (currently, I use YouTube Premium, including YouTube Music).
- Go to Spotify homepage, and click Premium on the top right corner.
- Scroll down and click Get Started in the Student plan card.
- Log in or create a new account. If your account is new or you haven't used Spotify Premium in the pas you will be able redeem the one-month free trial offer too.
- Click NEXT to verify that your are a student with SheeID.
Fill in the required institution info and click NEXT.
Once the automatic verification completes, you need to enter the billing info.
Perfect for Couples – Spotify Premium Duo Plan
With the Spotify Duo plan for two accounts under one roof, you can both enjoy a 33% discount on the Spotify Premium plan. Along with a Duo Mix playlist updated with music you both enjoy listening to.
Perfect for Families – Spotify Premium Family Plan
The Spotify Premium Family plan is perfect for families with up to 6 members living at the same address, as the cost per account can be as little as $2.65. Obviously, this is a plan that housemates and roommates can easily exploit to get a nice discount, but even a family with 1 child or 2 children can benefit from this plan.
Discounted Gift Cards
This is a great solution, so great that you will actually have a hard time finding discounted cards in stock. Spotify gift cards come in three values; $10, $30, or $60 and can only be used on the Individual plan. Typically, we buy these gift cards as presents.
However, you will find people selling gift cards at a discount on websites like CardCash or Raise. Usually, you can get a 1.5-4.4% discount, depending on the card's value. So, for a $60 card, you can save $2.65. Obviously, it's not a lot, but it's definitely better than saving nothing.
Install modded APKs, iPhone & Window apps to get Spotify premium for free
This method is 100% illegal but you can find modded Spotify APKs for Android that will provide you with Spotify premium for free. On iOS, you can install Spotify++ using AppValley, TweakApp, or Cydia Impactor. These are all app installer services, although the last one requires a more complicated process.
While this is not a path you should want to go down, I included the option in this guide for completeness.
This concludes our guide on how to get Spotify Premium for free or at a discount. As you can see there are far more options related to saving with cashback and gift cards, but you will occasionally find a free trial on Spotify itself. Stay tuned as we will keep updating this post with more ways to get your hands on Spotify Premium for free, or at a discount.
- 4 Best Generators in Armored Cored 6: Fires of Rubicon - September 25, 2023
- AFK Arena Wishlist Priorities: All the Must-Have Wishlist Heroes - September 25, 2023
- World Tower Defense Codes [v1.6.1] - September 25, 2023