- 1 How to enable the Sims 3 cheats console
- 2 Premise: Activate Test Cheats for Debugging
- 3 Shift-Click Sims 3 cheats
- 4 Money Sims 3 cheats
- 5 House and Real Estate Sims 3 cheats
- 6 Object Sims 3 cheats
- 7 Relationship Cheats
- 8 Edit Sim Sims 3 cheats
- 9 Happiness Sims 3 cheats
- 10 Traits, moods, and moodlets Sims 3 cheats
- 11 Motive Attribute Sims 3 cheats
- 12 Career Sims 3 cheats
- 13 World and UI Sims 3 cheats
- 14 Miscellaneous Sims 3 cheats
- 15 The Sims 3 cheats video guides
Are you looking for The Sims 3 cheats? Our full list of The Sims 3 cheat console commands will help you alter most aspects of your gameplay experience, from generating money for your household and buying every available house to altering the traits and moods of Sims. The Sims 3 has been around since June 2, 2009, and is a life simulation video game developed by Maxis' Redwood Shores studio and published by Electronic Arts. The game remains still prevalent in 2021, thanks to its massive fanbase, so that these cheats will come in handy for a lot of you.
- Check also our Sims 4 cheats list.
Keep in mind that some of the cheats require more advanced debugging to be enabled, so you better start by enabling the advanced testing cheats (read below on how to do this).
Also, if you are interested in more cheats, make sure to check the rest of our cheat code guides.
How to enable the Sims 3 cheats console
So, to start using cheats, you first need to bring up the cheat console. Here are the instructions to do it on every device:
- The Sims 3 PC cheat console activation: Hold down Ctrl and Shift, then press C.
- The Sims 3 Mac cheat console activation: Hold down Command and Shift, then press C.
- The Sims 3 PS3 cheat console activation: Hold down all four shoulder buttons at once.
- The Sims 3 Xbox cheat console activation: Hold down all four shoulder buttons at once.
A console box will pop up at the top of your screen to type all the available cheat code commands.
Premise: Activate Test Cheats for Debugging
To ensure every code below, it is best to enter the testingCheatsEnabled true command into the cheat console. This command puts the game into a form of debugging mode in which you can manipulate more aspects of it and activate more options.
Shift-Click Sims 3 cheats
The testingCheatsEnabled true cheat also enables a number of Shift+Click hacks. Hold Shift as you click on various items to unveil a list of options. For example:
- [Teleport] Shift-click anywhere on free ground to teleport to that location.
- Shift-click a Sim: Age transition to grow up your Sim or change other traits.
- Shift-click a non-household Sim: Add specific Sim to your household/family.
- Shift-click your workplace: Gives you the options to force-trigger events and opportunities.
- Shift-click the mailbox: Gives you the option to make friends, force visitors, and more.
Money Sims 3 cheats
The codes below will provide you extra Simoleons and you will find them available in pretty much all Sims games:
- kaching or rosebud: Acquire 1,000 Simoleons.
- motherlode: Acquire 50,000 Simoleons.
However, there is a more powerful version that requires you to have used the testingcheatsenabled true command first:
- familyfunds [last name] [simoleon amount]: Gives the specified amount of money to the household with the last name used.
House and Real Estate Sims 3 cheats
- freerealestate: buy any house you want [enable this code in Map mode first].
Object Sims 3 cheats
- buydebug [on|off]: Allows you to buy anything, even locked objects (must enter testingcheatsenabled true in console first).
- moveobjects [on|off]: Unlimited placing/moving objects.
- Constrainfloorelevation [true|false]: Force terrain adjustments regardless of objects, Sims, and other structures.
- Fadeobjects [on|off]: Make objects fade when the camera gets close to them.
- disablesnappingtoslotsonalt [on|off]: Objects will not snap to slots while holding Alt.
- snapobjectstoangle [true|false]: Toggle 45 degree angle object snap.
- snapobjectstogrid [true|false]: Toggle snap to grid for placed objects.
- placefriezes [on|off]: Allows you to place foundations on top of tiled floors.
- make me know everyone: Make the selected Sim know everyone.
- make friends for me: Makes several random friends for selected Sim.
- force visitor: Forces a neighbour to show up at your household.
- add to household: Add selected Sim to current household.
Edit Sim Sims 3 cheats
- set age [number]: Sets Sim's age to the specified number.
- ageuptoNPC on: Ages up a Sim into a non-controllable NPC who lives in your household, also works on children.
- forcetwins: Forces a pregnant Sim to deliver twins.
Happiness Sims 3 cheats
The cheats below will modify an active Sim's lifetime happiness.
- shazaam: Add 2,500 lifetime happiness points to active Sim.
- ResetLifeTimeHappiness: Resets the lifetime happiness of all the Sims in an active household.
Traits, moods, and moodlets Sims 3 cheats
The following cheats modify, traits moods, and moodlets:
- modify traits: set or clear traits.
- Resetsim [first name] [last name]: teleports named Sim back to household lot with neutral motives and no moodlets
- make happy: sets all moods/moodlets for everyone in the house to perfect; removes negative moodlets
Motive Attribute Sims 3 cheats
You can also set your whole household's motives to static or dynamic with the following cheat command:
- make motivates static/dynamic: set motives to static or dynamic for the entire household.
Career Sims 3 cheats
Below you will find all the cheat commands to modify your career, trigger events and opportunities for your career, or unlock outfits before creating a Sim.
- unlockoutfits [on|off]: Unlock career outfits and service uniforms for use (must be entered before you start making a Sim at Create-a-Sim).
- set career [career] [level]: Give selected Sim a career and set its level.
- force opportunity: Click the career building you work at to force an opportunity to come up.
- force event: Click career building you work at to force an event an event to come up.
- force all events: Click career building to display all events for the career.
World and UI Sims 3 cheats
- help: Shows almost all the Sims 3 cheats. Your pretty much won't see the cheats that require debug mode a.k.a. enabletestingcheats true.
- quit: Quit the game.
- fullscreen [on|off] : Toggle fullscreen on or off.
- fps [on|off]: Displays FPS.
- hideHeadlineEffects [on|off]: Hides chat and thought bubbles and similar effects.
- slowMotionViz: [0-8]: Slow motion visuals: 0 is the default mode, 8 is slowest mode.
- playsounds [on|off]: Toggle audio on/off (requires you to enter enabletestingcheats true first)
Miscellaneous Sims 3 cheats
- force service sim [name] : Force a specific service Sim to appear.
- jokeplease: Prints random joke to console.
- enablellamas [on|off]: llamas enabled message prints to console. It doesn't do anything else, don't expect any cute llamas walking around.
The Sims 3 cheats video guides
- Star Stable codes: Get cosmetics & star coins [December 2021] - December 5, 2021
- Blooket Codes & How to use on Blooket Play [December 2021] - December 5, 2021
- Best Roblox music codes & song IDs List [December 2021] - December 5, 2021