Table of contents
In its current form, the Hunting Fields event in AFK Arena is a set of mini Abyssal Expeditions, where your goal is to defeat Adrax, the final boss, eventually. You will team up with 4 other players to form a hunting squad in multiple co-op instances.
Each instance will last 7 days and the last day will count as Quiet Time; resources and stamina recovery will be suspended.
There are 5 factions in Hunting Fields, the 4 core factions and Celestial/Hypogean/Dimensional which count as 1 faction.
The Hunting Fields event uses the Martial Rating system, with levels starting from level 240 and increasing based on your Resonating Crystal level.
Martial Rating System: Hero Level = 240 + Resonating Crystal Level / 10.
Playing the event solo will allow you to use all 5 factions. Meanwhile, if you join a squad, each member plays a single of the 5 factions (I chose Celestials/Hypogeans/Dimensionals as the other option I was left with was the Maulers, and my Maulers suck). You cannot use heroes of the other 4 factions in the event.
- If you play with a squad, you will need to have 5 squad members to join an instance.
- Contrary to Abyssal Expedition, wilderness tiles don't count against your total occupied tiles cap.
- You still need to connect your tiles to your teammates'.
- You can also occupy Hunting Camps and complete Hunting Challenges that reward you with Hunter Marks, loot, and Hero Awakening Runes. You will use these rewards to power up your heroes within each instance.
- Squad members will also be able to exchange resources and loot using the shared bags.
- Occupying Hunting Camps, challenging Gate Bosses and the Final Boss consume stamina. Your heroes replenish 3 stamina points per hour during the non-Quiet time.
- Hunting Challenges (or Field Bosses) consume Challenge Seals. Challenge Seals are acquired by increased the Hunting Squad level and can be exchanged between players. You don't have many of them, so use them wisely (give them to the strongest player to kill field bosses).
- Occupied Hunting Camps generate Hunter Marks (the equivalent of Blessed essence in ABEX).
- You can power up heroes with Hero Runes.
- You can upgrade a hero to the next tier by fully equipping them with their designated non-exclusive gear. That's 3/4 pieces as the fourth is an exclusive one.
- You can acquire gear loot from Field Boss treasure chests and Hunting Camps. Boss chests contain Hero Awakening Runes, Hunter Marks, and gear loot. Once you defeat a boss, all squad members will receive a treasure chest.
Hunting Squad level and max Challenge Seals per member:
- Level 1: 1
- Level 2: 1
- Level 3: 1
- Level 4: 2
- Level 5: 2
The Difference Between Gate Bosses and Field Bosses (Unidentified Threats)
There is an important distinction between Gate bosses (Khazard, Zaphrael) and Field Bosses. The former require you to consume 12 stamina and you need to take them down to move to the next area. They are pretty much the same as ABEX Gate bosses and the rewards are probably just Hunter Marks.
The Field Bosses are the ones requiring Challenge Seals to fight, and since they consume the seal used, your strongest players should fight them as they drop Hero Awakening/Ascension gear. I made the mistake of attacking a Belinda Field Boss far too early, and it was quite pointless, as you can pretty much take her down by spending a single Challenge Seal as your squad gets stronger. Lesson learned.
The Hunting Fields Guide and Tips
- Make sure to start occupying Hunting Camps as soon as the event starts to start acquiring resources while you are AFK.
- Place your relics in the shared bag so that the entire squad can use them to get stronger.
- Transfer your Challenge Seals to the strongest boss nuker as they will need to get stronger and carry the squad in boss fights.
- Combine relics after you have all the lower-tier relics to avoid wasting Hunter Marks resources.
- Don't waste resources for T5 camps, ask for help instead.
- Contrary to Abyssal Expedition you do not need to build a path towards the bosses. By increasing your rank you will be able to use the “Sweep” function and acquire all wilderness tiles, allowing you to access the boss fights.
- As with Abyssal Expedition, playing on Auto and 2x or 4x speed may end up costing you stamina.
- Choose the heroes you are going to upgrade wisely as multiple heroes require the same gear pieces.
There are two primary goals in the Hunting Fields events. First of all, capture hunting camps as soon as possible to maximize resource production and increase your squad level. The second goal is to strengthen the squad member carrying the squad through bosses by sharing these resources and the Challenge Seals acquired by levelling up the squad.
Boss Fights Strategy
Just like in Abyssal Expedition, it is important to attack bosses when you are strong enough to do plenty of damage, to preserve stamina. You should prioritize your main carries and these are good examples of idea gear they should have before you start attacking. From what I observed our teams go down really fast, so for me it was a matter of making as much damage with Saurus in the first 20-30 seconds before a boss would slaughter me, with the exception of the first one.
- Khazard: You can attack him at Tier 3.0
- Zaphrael: You can attack him at Tier 4.0
- Adrax: You can attack him at Tier 4 with 2 pieces of mythic gear.
Final Boss – Adrax Best Team Comps
Currently, the recommended teams for Adrax are either Ainz Compositions with the Twins and Mortas or Full Graveborn teams with Izold and Daimon. I would expect Wilders team with Raku and Saurus, along with Lyca, to do decent damage, complemented with a Respen at SI +30 and Lorsan.
Personally, I will go with the first team below as my Albedo is at SI +30.