There's plenty of new content available in Genshin Impact 2.1, the charming anime game. There is more to discover in Inazuma 2.1, including new Genshin Impact characters, events, and a new fishing mode.
It is possible to catch various fish in Teyvat, and each region has its fish. A ‘fishing' interaction appears only when the water ripples outward in a circle in a specific location. It's then time to grapple with the fish itself and attempt to keep it on the line.
Read also: Genshin Impact Codes
As soon as you've caught a fish, you can cook it, exchange it at a Fishing Association, or – if it's an Ornamental Fish – put it into a pond in your Serenitea Pot.
So, here's everything we know about Genshin Impact fishing, including how to get a fishing rod and the best places to fish in Teyvat.
Read also: Genshin Impact Tier List
How to get a fishing rod in Genshin Impact
Firstly, you are going to need a fishing rod to start fishing in Genshin Impact.
To unlock the Genshin Impact fishing rod, you must be Adventure Rank 30 or higher. Also, you must have completed Ritou Escape Plan, and unlocked Serenitea Pot.
At this point, the quest Exploding Population will lead you to Nantuck on the shores of Cider Lake, who will teach you how to fish.
Each region also has its own fishing rod, which is more effective in that area. The Fishing Association in each region sells these specialist rods.
- Windtangler – Mondstadt
- Wishmaker – Liyue
- Narukawa Ukai – Inazuma
How to catch fish in Genshin Impact
You can fish by interacting with Fishing Points, which are marked by ripples in the water. Following that, choose your fishing rod and bait.
By choosing different baits, you can attract different fish, and certain fish only appear in certain places.
Twitter user UBatcha says there are 20 types, and each fish can be an ornamental or a regular fish.
Unlike decorative fish, which go into your ‘materials' inventory, ornamental fish go into Serenitea Pot inventory.
- Hold down the cast button to aim and release it to cast. The hook should be aimed near a fish but not so close that it scares them away.
- Once the fish takes your bait, press the ‘raise hook' button – a bar will appear at the top showing your line tension.
- To reel in the fish, maintain tension in the yellow zone.
- By holding the button and releasing it, you can adjust the tension.
- The circle beneath the bar indicates your fishing progress – it will automatically complete while your tension is within the yellow zone and deplete when it is outside of it.
- A red tension bar appears after it has been depleted entirely. You need to adjust your tension to prevent the fish from escaping.
- As the bar turns orange, the fish struggles intensely, and line tension will change more rapidly.
Genshin Impact Fishing Locations
Fishing is possible anywhere there is rippling water. Fishing spots have different types of fish to catch, so if you're looking for a specific fish, refer to the official interactive map, navigate to ‘fishing,’ select ‘hide all,’ and then select the fish you're seeking.
Several fish are only found in one location. Among these are:
- Snowstrider: in the lake north of the Starglow Cavern in Dragonspine
- Abiding Angelfish: in the lake on Mt. Aocang
- Raimei Angelfish: near the shipwreck east of Tatarasuna in Inazuma, from 18:00 to 6:00
That's all you need to know about catching fish in Genshin Impact.