Among Us hats are a type of cosmetic that Among Us characters can wear in Among Us. They accessorize or cover the top of the little astronauts' bodies, while Among Us skins decorate the lower part. Hats will make your otherwise ordinary character stand out from the rest of the color, beyond just its color. Consequently, they are very popular among players as everyone wants to look good, whether they are a crewmate or an impostor.
How to equip a hat in Among Us
Among Us players can change their character color before the game starts. To do that you will have to access the laptop in the waiting room to change the skin. Press Customize button on your screen to activate the laptop.
How to buy Among Us hats and skins
You can access the skin store from the same laptop you change your character's color. Just go to the Skin tab and press the $ icon to access the cosmetics shop.
Standalone hats cost $0.99/£0.89 in the Among Us item shop, while hats that come as part of a full skin cost $1.99/£1.89.
Meanwhile, entire cosmetic bundles will set players back for $2.99/£2.79.
How to create custom Among Us hats
- Firstly, download and extract the Among Us Assets Bundle from DerPopo's GitHub repo. Make sure to select the correct version for your processor (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Next, Launch the program AssetBundleExtractor in the folder you previously extracted from the zip file.
- Select Open at the top left and navigate to the folder Among Us_Data in your Among Us installation location.
- Scroll down and select sharedassets7.assets and select Open.
- The AssetBundleExtractor will ask you what type of database you want to use. Scroll down and choose the most recent version.
- In the Assets info window, sort the list by type and select all of the Texture2D files at once.
- Click on Plugins and Export to .png so that you can have all the game's 2D textures available in a new folder (let's call it Among-Us-2D-textures).
- Open the new folder and open whichever 2D texture you want to edit. In this case you want to edit hat textures.
- Now you can use any image editing software to edit the 2D hat texture image.
- Next, export the modified file as a PNG file to the folder you created with the exported textures
- After this, head back to the AssetBundleExtractor and select all the Texture2D files again from the Among-Us-2D-textures folder.
- Now, click Plugins and select Batch Import, then select the folder with all your edited files (Among-Us-2D-Textures). This way you will have a snapshot that will have the original hat textures for the hats you did not edit and your creations will replace the ones you edited.
- You are almost done. Next, select Save from the drop-down menu in the top left of the AssetsBundleExtractor. This will produce two files, sharedassets0 and globalgamemanager.
- Finally, copy and paste the two files into the Among Us_Data folder of your Among Us installation. This will replace the default hats & skins with the edited versions you created.
- You can launch Among Us and select whichever skin or hat you edited from the customize menu at the laptop in the game's lobby.
In case you are almost, you can watch the two video guides on YouTube below to help you create your own Among Us hats:
The complete list of Among Us hats
|Hat Name||Hat Picture|
|A Real Wiz (Wizard's Hat)|
|Aquatic Apparatus (Underwater Mask)|
|Batbean (Bat Bean aka Black Cat)|
|Bein Cheesy (Cheese Hat)|
|Bighead (Top Hat)|
|Can'tdy Cane (Candy Canes Hat)|
|Cap-tain (Captain's Cap)|
|Cherry on Top|
|Chop-chop (Stricken by Sword)|
|Daisy Me Rollin'|
|Eruptive (Volcano Hat)|
|Evergreen (Christmas Tree Hat)|
|Fairy Flutters (Fairy Wings)|
|Frankenbolts (Frankestein Hat)|
|Freshly Showered (Towel Hat)|
|Frosted (Snowman Hat)|
|Generally Speaking (General's Cap)|
|Goggles Up (Pilot's Googles)|
|Haunted Hotel Hat|
|Head in the Clouds (Cloud Hat)|
|Header (Soccer Ball/Football)|
|Hole in One (Basketball)|
|I heart u|
|Imp-ressive (Imp's Horns)|
|Innocence (Angel Halo)|
|Knighted (Knight's Helm)|
|Lit Up (Christmas Decorations Hat)|
|Mask, the Monster Mask (Paper Monster Hat)|
|Militant (Military Hat)|
|Militant (Policeman Hat)|
|Mini Crewmate Hat|
|Muffs for the Ears|
|My Name Chef (Chef's Hat)|
|New Year's Eve 2019 (2019 Yellow Party Hat)|
|Oh Dear, Rain (Deer Antlers Hat)|
|One in the Hand|
|P Hat (Party Hat)|
|Peach Drink (Juice Carton Hat)|
|Peeled (Banana Hat)|
|Planted (Flower Hat)|
|Presents Dude (Santa Claus Hat)|
|RIP in Pieces (Tombstone Hat)|
|Rammed (Ram's Horns)|
|Serengetti Outta Here|
|Shrine to the Deities|
|Sir Wilford IV|
|Slippery When Wet Sign Hat|
|Snowmate (Crewmate Snowman)|
|Spacewalk (Austronaut's Helm)|
|The Last Wipe|
|The New Chief|
|The Ol' Ball Game|
|The Wall Cap|
|They Do Nothing|
|Third Eye (Eyeball Lamp Hat)|
|Toppat Chief (Double Top Hat)|
|Toppat White Edition|
|Traffic Jam – Purple Party Hat|
|Traffic Jam Party Hat|
|Two Eggs in a Nest|
|Up All Night Raving|
|Vi King (Viking's Helm)|
|Vine just Vine|
|Walk the Plank (Pirate Captain Hat)|
|We All Float Here|
|Wearwolf (Werewolf Ears Hat)|
|What is up, Doc? (Doctor's Head Mirror Hat)|
|You Glove to See it (Glove Hat)|
- Pirate Kings Free Spins Links: Get Spins & Coins [January 2022] - January 14, 2022
- Among Us Skins 2022: All Skins & How to Get Them - January 14, 2022
- Netflix Free Trials, Coupons, and Discounts 2022 - January 14, 2022