Almost everyone who loves video games is playing or watching Elden Ring right now. This hype is quite normal because it's the biggest game developed by From Software. In it, the secrets of the mysterious Lands Between are slowly revealed. One of them is an enemy that you can encounter on the map. Did the developers intentionally include the Elden Ring invisible enemies in the game, or is it some kind of bug? Actually, a bit of both.
If you've encountered invisible enemies in your journey through the Lands Between, you aren't alone. It wouldn't be right to call them enemies, for you can see only luminous footprints on the glorious beach that looks like a painting. Where the tracks begin or end, there's no trace of the enemy. So did Miyazaki and George R. R. Martin put that in on purpose, or is it a simple graphics bug?
The actual answer is both:
- In Elden ring you find invisible enemies at a very particular beach that you can track down and kill.
- Additionally a day-one bug cause some enemies to disappear as you were fighting them (this has mostly been taken care of in version 1.02).
In this guide, we will answer how to handle the former invisible enemies and how to overcome the invisible enemies graphics problem if it occurs.
Elden Ring Invisible Enemies Guide: How to deal with them
In Elden Ring there's indeed a type of enemy that we can call invisible. This enemy is located on the beach mentioned above and has much larger footprints than normal. But don't let that scare you off, because the danger in front of you is just a tear scarab. These fast-moving enemies leave bright footprints, but they aren't easily visible. To attack them, you need to attack in the direction of their next step.
If you kill these bugs, you can get some of the ashes, one of the most valuable resources of the Elden Ring. All you've to do is wander through the Lands Between with full attention and find the bright footprints.
How to Fix Invisible Enemy Bug in Elden Ring?
Since Elden Ring is a Souls game, the enemies are already very difficult. Not being able to see them can be incredibly uncomfortable. If you can't see other enemies, not just scarabs leaving bright footprints, then you've graphics problems to solve. With the first-day update, this problem has largely been fixed. If you still have this problem after updating the game, you can follow the steps below.
- When you encounter an invisible enemy, open the previous save file and revisit the area. You'll probably see the enemy now.
- Restarting always works, as From Software's games don't have any major bugs. Restart your game and visit the same area.
- The most obvious solution can sometimes elude us. Make sure you've the latest update for your graphics card.
- Travel to another part of Lands Between using fast travel. After interacting with several enemies, you can return to the invisible enemy.
If none of the above methods worked for you, there are two things you can do. First, delete the game completely and reinstall it. Second, contact the developers on Twitter and explain your problem to them. They respond quickly to the problems that many people have.
Elden Ring was released on February 25, 2022 for all platforms. If we look at the sales figures for the first four days, it'll most likely be one of the best-selling games of all time. If you're with the hype, and you're into the glorious moments of the Lands Between, you can check out our Elden Ring guides when you stuck.