Elden Ring is an upcoming action role-playing game developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. Game director Hidetaka Miyazaki worked with legendary fantasy novelist George R. R. Martin (A Song of Fire and Ice book series, aka Game of Thrones) to create the setting.
In Elden Ring, From Software builds upon a formula it has developed almost exclusively since 2009's Demon's Souls: hardcore, action-packed role-playing gameplay with high-difficulty challenges, knotty level design, and opaque storytelling. This type of gameplay gave birth to the “Soulsborne” gaming sub-genre.
Official Elden Ring Beginner's Guide
Elden Ring Release News And FAQs
Elden Ring has already been named an open-world RPG masterpiece within hours since the lift of the reviewing embargo. Currently, the game is the #1 rated video game of all time on Open Critic.
Elden Ring Live Coverage
- Elden Ring could go down as one of the best-selling games of all time
- Elden Ring Steam Deck Compatibility confirmed
- Elden Ring v1.02 patch notes
- Elden Ring is set for a global launch on Friday, February 25th, on both PC and consoles. FromSoftware has announced the official release schedule for all significant time zones. Console gamers can already preload the game. Some Xbox players were probably able to enjoy slightly earlier access with the use of a VPN.
Elden Ring Pricing
The game is available for $59.99 / ?49.99 / €59.99 on Steam and across consoles. Pre-orders of Elden Ring ahead of the February 25 release date will receive an adventure guide containing “useful information that will help players as they enter the Lands Between,” plus a gesture you would typically receive later. The digital deluxe edition brings the price to $79.99 / ?64.99 / €79.99 and adds a digital artbook and soundtrack to the package.
- Where can I play Elden Ring??Elden Ring will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X and Series S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, and Microsoft Windows.
Can my Laptop Run Elden Ring?
Elden ring comes with hefty system requirements so that you will need a strong-performing PC or laptop even at a bare minimum. If you are looking for optimal performance and efficiency, our Elden Ring graphics settings may come in handy.
- Can you play Elden Ring with a controller? Yes.
Elden Ring Launch Trailer
The Elden Ring official launch trailer landed on February 22, revealing vital information about the “Tarnished.”
What Classes Are Available In Elden Ring?
Before getting started, here is everything you need to know about Elden Ring ahead of each launch.
Players in Elden Ring can choose among ten classes, including many different playstyles, from tanky melee characters to glass cannon sorcerers and classes specializing in hybrid combat.
- Astrologer?(comes with a magic staff, sword, small shield, and offensive magic spells).
- Bandit?(comes with a dagger and parrying shield as well as a bow & arrows).
- Confessor?(comes with a broadsword, kite shield, and a magic casting tool called a finger sealing).
- Hero?(comes with an ax).
- Warrior?(comes with two scimitars, a light shield, and an earpiece).
- Prisoner?(comes with an estoc and magical staff, a healing magic spell, an offensive curse, and a shield).
- Prophet?(comes with a spear, a finger seal, and a small shield).
- Samurai?(comes with a katana and round shield, Bone Arrows and Flame Arrows).
- Vagabond?(comes with a Sword & Shield).
- Wretch?(comes with a club).
You can look at our Elden Ring classes overview guide for more details on each available class.
Class Build Guides
- Hero build guide
- Bandit build guide
- Confessor build guide
- Prisoner build guide
- Prophet build guide
- Samurai build guide
- Vagabond build guide
- Warrior build guide
- Wretch build guide
What Is Elden Ring?
Queen Marika shattered a ring with vast mythical powers into seven Great Runes.
Marika gave the Runes to each Queen's demigod offspring. However, (plot twist) the identical offsprings went on to wage war against one another to secure all Great Runes and reorg the Elden Ring. The Shattering was a war that saw no victor, but it did fracture The Lands Between, which is the entire setting you play. You have the power to defeat all seven demigods, reforge the Elden Ring, and become Elden Lord.
It's easier said than done. If you have not played a FromSoftware game before, know that most enemies can kill you in seconds. And, progress is essentially about dying many times. It requires coordination, timing, perseverance, and patience.
It's challenging to comprehend the vast amount of information available. Elden Ring is a massive RPG with a vast list of features you will need to be familiar with. The class you choose will determine which weapons you can use first. There are short-range, medium-range, long-range, magical, and melee options.
You will learn how to make items and consumables with specific attributes. You can summon monsters to fight alongside you. For resources and treasures, you can loot your enemies. A lot is going on. All these matters are what separates Elden Ring and other blockbuster action RPGs.
You will need the appropriate buffs, armor, and consumables to make it through Elden Ring. Death is inevitable, but it also brings with it a lesson. The RPG elements eventually click. Combat is the same. Elden Ring's movement is slow and awkward as it is not meant to be the usual braindead hack-and-slash tool.
Every strike, block, and quick roll counts as every new area or significant foe presents a new challenge. Overcoming these obstacles is a continuous, recurring process that will take you from frustration to absolute excitement and vice versa.
Sometimes Elden Ring can be frustrating. It can be easy to feel like a fool when a dodgy camera or autotarget steals the victory from within your very own hands, like the game itself is mocking you. Elden Ring's insistence can be deflating.
Death is only a few mistakes away. It's possible to be confused by the lack of internal logic. One minute you might be able to slay a literal demigod, and then you're dead with a few swings of a nobody's sword.
The absolute satisfaction and relief Elden Ring delivers are unlike any AAA game unless you have played other FromSoftware titles.
BORDERPOLAR's Elden Ring Guides
Below you will find links to all our guides for beginners that will help you get accustomed to Elden Ring and thrive from day one:
- Elden Ring Stats & Levelling guide for beginners
- Elden Ring classes overview ?Which one should you go for?
- How to unlock leveling and level up in Elden Ring
Weapons, Armor, and Keepsakes:
- Best early to mid-game weapons in Limgrave
- Which Elden Ring Keepsake is the best?
- Ashes of War: How to Equip & Use
- Armor tier list
- Best armor sets & locations
- Every Elden Ring Spirit Ashes Summon and how to get them.
- Elden Ring ? Where to get Mimic Tear Spirit Ashes?
Sorceries & Incantations:
- Elden Ring Incantations, where to get them, requirements, and what they do
- All Elden Ring Sorceries, their effects, requirements, and how to get them
- Elden Ring Sorceries and Incantations ?What's the difference?
- How to avoid losing runes when you die?
- How to get a torch and lantern in Elden Ring
- How to save your game progress in Elden Ring
- Elden Ring ? Where to get Steel Wire Torch?
- How long does it take to beat Elden Ring?
- Is Elden Ring cross-platform?
- Elden Ring invisible enemies guide
- Elden Ring: Where can I find Walking Mausoleums
- How to stop Walking Mausoleums in Elden Ring
- All Elden Ring Trophies & Achievements
- How big is the map in Elden Ring? The Lands Between interactive map
- Elden Ring ? What to do after Godrick?
- Elden Ring ? New Game Plus Complete Guide
- What is Elden Ring ? Story Explained
- Elden Ring Photo Mode ? How to use it?
Elden Ring Boss Guides
Boss fights will always be a massive challenge in FromSoftware's games; in this section, you will find links to all boss fight guides.
- Elden Ring boss locations and fight tips for each boss
- How to beat Godrick the Grafted
- How to beat Starscourge Radahn
- Elden Ring Main Boss List and Locations
Official Game Description
“The Golden Order has been broken. Rise, Tarnished, and be guided by grace to brandish the power of the Elden Ring and become an Elden Lord in the Lands Between.
ELDEN RING, developed by FromSoftware Inc. and produced by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc., is a fantasy action RPG and FromSoftware's largest game to date, set within a world full of mystery and peril.
A NEW FANTASY WORLD
Journey through the Lands Between, a new fantasy world created by Hidetaka Miyazaki, creator of the influential DARK SOULS video game series, and George R. R. Martin, author of The New York Times best-selling fantasy series, A Song of Ice and Fire. Unravel the mysteries of the Elden Ring's power. Encounter adversaries with profound backgrounds, characters with unique motivations for helping or hindering your progress, and fearsome creatures.
WORLD EXPLORATION IN THE LANDS BETWEEN
ELDEN RING features vast, fantastical landscapes and shadowy, complex dungeons connected seamlessly. Traverse the breathtaking world on foot or on horseback, alone or online with other players, and fully immerse yourself in the grassy plains, suffocating swamps, spiraling mountains, foreboding castles, and other sites of grandeur on a scale never seen before in a FromSoftware title.
Create your character in FromSoftware's refined action RPG and define your playstyle by experimenting with various weapons, magical abilities, and skills found worldwide. Charge into battle, pick off enemies one-by-one using stealth, or even call upon allies for aid. Many options are available as you decide how to approach exploration and combat.”