Doom Tower Basics
The Doom Tower is a monthly challenge to climb to the top of the Tower, beating 120 increasingly challenging Floors and beating 12 tough Bosses along the way (and a bunch of optional secret rooms!).
Read also: How to play RAID: Shadow Legends on PC
Doom Tower Format
- 30-Day Time Limit: The Doom Tower rotates every 30 days. The Doom Tower resets every 30 days, so you have to climb it again to earn another pile of Rewards.
- After each reset, the tower changes, and a new rotation begins. The bosses and enemies on each floor will change, along with the rules you'll have to follow in each secret room.
- The Doom Tower has two levels of difficulty: Normal and Hard. Both are available at the same time, and you can choose the difficulty level you want to climb on – or even switch between the two.
- There are two types of rewards:
- You'll receive completion rewards once per Rotation – when you beat a Floor or secret room for the first time. You can win all the prizes in the Tower if you beat each floor once.
- Only boss floors offer farming rewards. You can use your Silver Keys to farm Boss Floors as many times as you want once you beat them once. On the Doom Tower Map, click on the “Reward Info” icon to see what rewards are available from each boss floor. You can only see which Farming Drops are available after beating a Floor for the first time.
- In the Doom Tower, there are two types of keys: Gold and Silver. Gold Keys are required to clear a Floor (including Boss Floors) for the first time. Silver Keys can be used to beat secret rooms and to farm Boss Floors once you've beaten them once. Every day you will receive 10 Gold Keys and 10 Silver Keys, which you can use on either normal or Hard difficulty. Every day at 00:00 UTC, you'll have 10 Keys again to start the day.
Read also: RAID: Shadow Legends tier list
Doom Tower standard floors
The Doom Tower consists of 120 floors. To reach the top of the Tower, you'll need to beat each floor one by one in ascending order.
- Farming Rewards: Only Boss Floors have Farming Rewards. Once you've beaten a Boss Floor once, you can re-enter the Floor and farm them using Silver Keys to win as much as you want. Hit the “Reward Info” Icon on the Doom Tower Map to see which rewards are available from each Boss Floor. Note: You'll only see which Farming Drops are available after beating a Floor for the first time.
You'll only receive Completion Rewards the first time you beat a Floor on any given Rotation. After that, you can re-enter a Floor as many times as you want (and it won't cost you any Keys), but there will be no further rewards for repeatedly clearing a Floor.
Read also: RAID: Shadow Legends codes
Doom Tower boss floors
On every 10th floor, you will encounter a boss. There are four Doom Tower bosses:
- Nether Spider
- Scarab King
- Magma Dragon
- Frost Spider
Like ordinary floors, you'll need Gold Keys to enter a Boss Floor and beat it for the first time. You'll receive a Completion Reward for beating the Boss for the first time, but Boss Floors also have more rewards on offer. After you've beaten a Boss once, you can use Silver Keys to re-enter the Boss Floor as many times as you want to win special farming rewards – crafting materials.
Farming Boss Floors will reward you with unique Forge Materials – Nether Eggs, Scarab Claws, Magma Cores, or Frost Spines – which you can use to craft the following Artifact Sets at the Forge:
- Fatal (2 Set: ATK +15%. C. RATE +5%)
- Untouchable (4 Set: Immunity for two turns. Res +40.)
- Affinity Breaker (4 Set: C. DMG +30%. 20% chance to change a weak hit into a critical hit)
- Frostbite (2 Set: 15% chance to block Freeze debuffs. 10% chance to place Freeze debuff for one turn on the attacker)
You can only craft the above sets with materials earned in the Doom Tower; they are available exclusively at the Forge.
After you've already beaten the Floor once, you can see the Farming Drops for each Boss. See what rewards are available by clicking “Reward Info” on the Tower Map.
Doom Tower secret rooms
Secret rooms are optional challenges that do not need to be completed to progress further up the Doom Tower.
One Silver Key is needed to enter a secret room, but as in the rest of the Tower, you won't lose a key if you fail to beat it.
You can unlock the secret rooms one at a time as you climb the Tower and clear floors as usual. Unlike normal Tower Floors, secret rooms can be completed in any order once unlocked, meaning you can skip a room if you need to.
Unlike other areas in the Tower, secret rooms require you to follow special rules to complete them – such as only using Rare Champions or only using champions from a specific faction.
As soon as they are unlocked, you'll be able to complete them at any time during that rotation of the Doom Tower. However, after the Tower resets, you'll have to climb up the Tower to unlock them again.
You can earn special rewards by defeating secret rooms – including Champion Fragments for an exclusive group of Champions.
Players can only collect fragments for these Champions from secret rooms. The fragments will be awarded in a predefined order.
Before moving onto the subsequent Champion's fragments, you'll need to collect all the Fragments from the first champion on the given difficulty.
Secret rooms will award the following Champion Fragments in the order shown below:
Normal Difficulty fragments
- Archmage Hellmut
- Akoth the Seared
- Rian the Conjurer
- Dark Kael
Hard Difficulty fragments
- Thea the Tomb Angel
- Urost the Soulcage
- Gomlok Skyhide
- Varl the Destroyer
- Ba Satha
- Vasal of the Seal
You will only receive rewards for beating a secret room once per rotation. Just as on ordinary floors, you can re-enter to fine-tune your teams and find the fastest team possible – but it won't cost you any Keys, nor will you earn any more rewards from the room itself.
Doom Tower player rankings
The players are ranked according to how many turns it takes them to clear all open floors and secret rooms. Overall Rankings are determined by adding up the number of turns each player has taken across the entire Tower. By re-running Floors and secret rooms, players can improve their rank.
The good news is that even though no Farming Rewards are available for rerunning regular Tower Floors and secret rooms, you can still fine-tune and perfect your team to see where you stack up against other players and climb the Rankings.
Each difficulty has its own ranking. In the Doom Tower, there are two kinds of Rankings: Global, which tells you how everyone in Teleria is performing, and Clan, which tells you how everyone in your Clan is performing.
After you successfully win a battle in the Tower, the game will track how many turns you've taken, but you will not appear in the Rankings until you've cleared Floor 10.
In the Team Selection window, you can review the fastest players and their teams on any floor or room by tapping the “Best Teams” icon. When the Doom Tower resets, you'll see the final standings by tapping “Rankings” on the Tower Map.
Doom Tower boss skills and guides
There are two important pieces of information regarding the Magma Dragon.
Provke the dragon
Firstly, he is the only boss in the Doom Tower that is not immune to Provoke. Essentially, you can constantly provoke Magma Dragon so that he will only use his Normal Attack – Brand with Weakness.
Since the dragon will keep reducing the provoking champion's turn meter by 50% it is recommended to build this champion with high speed – and accuracy of course.
To my knowledge, Seer is one of the best epic champions for this fight as she can keep the dragon under a constant provoke debuff.
On lower boss floors you can probably get away without using a “tank” to provoke Magma Dragon. Personally, I use Crimson Helm, the only provoking champion I have, but even fully booked she has a 3-turn cooldown Vile Tongue.
Don't use HP burn abilities
If you use champions like Ninja on this fight make sure to never use Hailburn as the dragon's Lethal Lava passive will replace HP burn debuffs with 15% continuous heal buffs for 2 turns. If you run the floor on auto make sure to disable all skills with HP burn effects.
Here is my team for low level Magma Dragon fights; it may help newbies like me:
- Crimson Helm