This Discord strikethrough guide will explain how you can easily strikethrough on Discord. Discord servers provide users with powerful capabilities, from Discord bots to audio chat and live streaming. Still, you will also find the basic text messaging you can expect on any communication platform.
Users on Discord can use bold text, italics, bold italics, and underline text, but as in most cases, it's the strikethrough text that people have a hard time locating.Today's Deals on Amazon
Using Discord strikethrough text
Formatting shortcuts are very simple on Discord. For instance:
- To bold text, you need to use the asterisk key “*” twice on both sides of the word. Typing **Anastasios** will produce Anastasios. You can also press CTRL+B to produce the double asterisks and type the word between them.
- To italicize text, you will only need to use one asterisk on each side of the word. Typing *Anastasios* will produce Anastasios. Alternatively, you can use the underscore key (_) on both sides of your text input to italicize your input. Typing _Anastasios_ would also produce Anastasios. You can also press CTRL+I to produce the single asterisks and type the word between them.
- Το create the bold italicized text, you will have to use the asterisk key “*” three times on each side of the word. Typing ***Anastasios*** will produce Anastasios. Alternatively, you can press CTRL+B followed by CTRL+I to produce the six asterisks and type the word in between afterward.
- To underline text on Discord, you will have to use the underscore key “_” twice on both sides of the text. For instance, typing in __Anastasios__ will produce Anastasios. You can press CTRL+U to produce the four underscores and type your text.
Similarly, you can strikethrough or cross out text on Discord using the double tilde key, “~.” Typing ~~Anastasios~~ would produce
Other ways to bold, italicize or strikethrough text on Discord
You can use a context menu if you're using the desktop or browser version of Discord. To do this:
- Type in the text that you want to format.
- Highlight your input text and hover your mouse over it until a small black bar with six icons appears above it.
- You can click the “B” icon to bold the text, the slanted “I” to italicize, and the crossed-out “S” to strikethrough. You can also type the double quotes ” icon to send your text as a quote, the “<>” icon to send your text as code, and the “eye” icon to mark your text as a spoiler so that it remains hidden until the receiving user clicks it to become visible.
Mixing things up: combining Discord strikethrough text with another text formatting
You can also combine strikethrough with bold, italics, or underlined formatting in the following ways:
- For bold strikethrough text you can type **~~ <input text> ~~** or ~~**<input text>**~~. For instance, typing **~~Anastasios~~** or ~~**Anastasios**~~ will produce
- For italicized strikethrough text you can type you can type *~~ <input text> ~~* or ~~*<input text>*~~. For instance, typing *~~Anastasios~~* or ~~*Anastasios*~~ will produce
- For italicized strikethrough text you can type you can type __~~ <input text> ~~__ or ~~__<input text>__~~. For instance, typing __~~Anastasios~~__ or ~~__Anastasios__~~ will produce
Using combinations of shortcuts and keys, as shown above, you can produce any kind of Discord text formatting variation you want.