Last Updated on April 19, 2022 by Anastasios Antoniadis
Interested in exploring some Constant Contact alternatives for your email marketing strategy?
You’re in the right place.
Constant Contact is one of the most popular email marketing software solutions available today. Easy to use and brimming with useful features, Constant Contact helps you to grow your digital presence quickly, form essential connections with your target audience, and make sales.
Of course, there are limitations to this platform too.
While Constant Contact has a lot to offer in terms of social media posting, templates, and list management, it doesn’t have the best automation around. Some people find the templates a little outdated, and the form builder linked to this tool is often quite restrictive.
Today, we’re going to explore some of the top Constant Contact alternatives if you decide this service just isn’t right for you.
The Benchmark: Pros and Cons of Constant Contact
The first thing we should note is that Constant Contact is an excellent email marketing service. The product is great for ease of use, and it has a number of unique features designed to help companies with specific needs. For instance, Constant Contact is one of the few email marketing tools with access to digital product downloads, event management tools, and appointment scheduling.
With around 400 integrations and apps to link to your Constant Contact service, you can create a powerful single pane of glass for marketing. Plus, Constant Contact has some phenomenal delivery rates. Unfortunately, the price of this service can be extremely high if you have more than 500 subscribers, meaning it’s not great for scalability.
Plus, Constant Contact is lacking in deep automations, as you can really only set up autoresponders, rather than fully triggered campaigns. The template editor lacks the flexibility you can expect with many Constant Contact alternatives, and customer support options definitely leave something to be desired.
- Excellent for niche features, like managing events
- Easy to use back-end environment for most people
- Fantastic deliverability
- Convenient selection of integrations to other tools
- Not the best value from a pricing perspective
- No deep automation options
- Somewhat basic template editing features
- Limited customer support
Constant Contact Alternatives: The Top Options for 2022
We’ve chosen our list of the top Constant Contact Alternatives based on a range of factors, including pricing, functionality, and ease of use. Let’s dive into some of the top contenders.
Constant Contact Alternative #1: Moosend
Best budget-friendly option
If your biggest issue with Constant Contact is how pricey it can be, Moosend could be the ideal alternative. With prices starting at around $9 per month, this service is around 55% cheaper than Constant Contact. It also gives you access to a vast range of generous features too.
Moosend simplifies the art of creating stunning email newsletters and responsive emails with automated marketing campaigns and custom mailing lists. The drag-and-drop email builder is far more flexible and smoother than the builder you get with Constant Contact, and you get some great segmentation features thrown in for personalization.
MooSend is easy-to-use and flexible, with an online form building tool built-in, so you can increase your chances of attracting new leads. Features include:
- List segmentation and personalization features
- Flexible pre-built automations to help manage your entire campaign
- Free subject line tester to improve your chances of clicks
- In-built online form building tools
- Historical and real-time insights and analytics
- Convenient drag-and-drop email builder
Moosend eases companies into the world of email marketing with a 30-day free trial so you can test all of the functionality in advance. You can then upgrade to the “Pro” package starting at $9 for up to 500 subscribers, with automation workflows, unlimited emails, and landing pages.
Your pricing will increase depending on the number of subscribers you have, and you can also access custom pricing packages with priority support.
- Excellent automations more extensive than Constant Contact
- Convenient drag-and-drop email building with lots of customization
- Very affordable pricing structure
- Included landing page builder and form builder
- Free subject line tester
- No built-in CRM (though you do get segmentation tools)
- No free plan
Constant Contact Alternative #2: Sendinblue
Best for email and SMS
While Constant Contact does support social media marketing features, you’ll only be able to access SMS marketing with add-ons and integrations. Alternatively, Sendinblue provides everything you need for a multi-channel marketing campaign already built into its plans.
Sendinblue comes with a built-in CRM, which ensures you can build stronger customer profiles to guide your segmented campaigns. There’s also access to a range of segmentation options so you can design custom newsletters for everyone on your list. The automation features ensure you can drip campaigns across social media, SMS, and email at the same time.
Sendinblue supports everything from powerful transactional emails to fully automated end-to-end marketing strategies. Features include:
- Convenient integrations with a powerful range of tools
- Built-in CRM with customer segmentation features
- Social media, SMS, and email marketing on the same platform
- Real-time analytics and reporting
- Easy-to-use environment even for beginners
- Live chat features for customer service
- Plenty of templates with customization
Sendinblue offers a handy free plan to beginners, which allows you to send up to 300 emails per day, and chat through one user account. After the free plan, there are various paid packages to choose from, including the $25 per month “Lite” plan which supports up to 40k of emails per month.
For 60,000 emails per month, you’ll need the $49 per month Essentials plan. Alternatively, you can access a tailored “Enterprise” plan by contacting the team.
- Excellent for customer service and support
- Easy cross-channel marketing
- Embeddable pages and sign-up forms
- CRM technology with segmentation
- Nice range of templates to choose from
- Slightly simplistic email editor
- Free plan will be too restrictive for most.
Constant Contact Alternative #3: Mailchimp
Best for beginners to email marketing
Mailchimp is one of the most popular email marketing tools in the industry today, and a great alternative to Constant Contact. A top choice among agencies and businesses alike, Mailchimp promises an ever-evolving range of up-to-date features, stunning email templates, and an email editor anyone can use.
Ideal for beginners, Mailchimp’s email marketing tool comes with various features to simplify your marketing experience. There’s a “creative assistant” tool that can resize your email for you, and a platform where you can create your own library for easy access to assets.
As an added bonus, Mailchimp integrates with a wide range of apps, including Zapier, and WordPress, and it comes with A/B testing features too. Capabilities include:
- A/B and split testing to optimize your content
- Custom email templates and sign-up forms for match your brand
- Insightful analytics and reporting tools
- List management and segmentation
- Cross-device email testing and automated resizing
- Social media integrations
- Lots of support and hand-holding for beginners
Mailchimp is one of a handful of Constant Contact alternatives with a free plan, which can support emails for up to 2,000 subscribers per month. You’ll be able to send around 10,000 emails a month with this plan, which is quite generous.
Paid plans start at around $11 per month for 500 subscribers, and customer journey building, custom branding, and 24/7 chat support. For $17 per month, you get extra automation features and dynamic content. Alternatively, the Premium plan for $299 per month has advanced segmentation and unlimited seats for agencies.
- Excellent campaign templates
- Suitable for agencies and large groups
- Lots of tools to help build your campaigns (like creative assistant)
- Send-time optimization and analytics
- Powerful reporting options
- Can be expensive to get the most advanced tools
- Not affiliate marketing friendly
Constant Contact Alternative #4: ConvertKit
Best for Content Creators
ConvertKit is fantastic for content creators, bloggers, and artists hoping to make a name for themselves online. Designed to be easy for beginners to grasp, ConvertKit makes it quick and simple to get started with your advertising campaigns.
Capable of a lot more than basic email marketing, ConvertKit actually covers everything from landing page creation to form building, so you can grow your following over time. The service is specially targeted at helping creators and small businesses grow their audience, with excellent segmentation tools for personalizing your messages.
ConvertKit offers a wide range of templates for different email marketing needs, and they’re all designed to be completely responsive. Many of the templates are very modern and attractive, perfect for those who want to make an aesthetic impact. Some of the features of this service include:
- Landing pages and form building tools with custom CTA buttons
- Easy-to-use templates with lots of customization options
- Visual automatic sales funnel building
- Integrations with a range of existing online tools
- Various email types including auto-responders
ConvertKit is another option on our list of Constant Contact alternatives to come with a free package, which allows for emails to up to 300 subscribers, and unlimited access to forms and landing pages. Sticking with a max of 300 subscribers, you can also access the Creator package for $9 per month for chat and email support, as well as automated funnels.
The Creator Pro package starts at $25 per month for Facebook custom audience access, newsletter referrals, subscriber scoring, and advanced reports.
- Fantastic for creators looking to grow their email list
- Sell your digital products directly through email
- Easy visual builder for automations
- Integrations with a range of leading tools
- Excellent reporting and analytics
- Limitations for A/B testing
- Many top features can be expensive to access.
Constant Contact Alternative #5: Hubspot
Best for SMEs
HubSpot is one of the better-known pioneers in the inbound marketing world. Best-known for offering access to a free CRM alongside a host of marketing automation software tools, HubSpot can help you to build your business in no time. You can even access specialist tools for boosting your sales and helping with customer service.
If you’re looking for a range of personalization options to ensure you create more meaningful messages for your audience, HubSpot is an excellent choice. This Constant Contact alternative offers a full range of personalization options and triggers, as well as various fantastic email templates.
When you sign up for email marketing software from HubSpot, you also gain access to a suite of other products, such as live chat, online form building, and ads management. Features include:
- Free CRM and form building tools
- Custom range of email newsletter templates
- A/B testing, and analytics included
- Personalization based on customer data
- Advanced marketing automation
- Access to other sales and service tools from HubSpot
- Fantastic customer service
You can start your adventure into HubSpot’s email marketing tools with a free plan, which allows access to a range of marketing tools, including a free CRM. You’ll also be able to access social media marketing features and ads management, and send up to 2,000 emails per month.
For more advanced services, you’re going to need to scale to one of the Marketing Hub plans from HubSpot, which start at around $42 per month and can scale all the way up to $655.
- Fantastic for small businesses looking for growth
- Excellent collection of free tools included with each plan
- Lots of automation options
- Phone, email, and ticketing service support
- Good for building extensive autoresponders
- A/B testing features aren’t available on cheaper packages
- Expensive starting packages
Constant Contact Alternative #6: GetResponse
Best for Newsletters
Affordable, packed with great features, and easy to use, GetResponse is a popular solution for people in search of Constant Contact alternatives. This high-quality marketing tools will give you a range of optimization tools guaranteed to help you strengthen your connection with your target audience.
GetResponse has a limited free plan available, but the more you spend, the more amazing features you’ll get, including a landing page builder so you can collect more email addresses for your contact list. You’ll also be able to create a range of opt-in forms for your website.
GetResponse is excellent for automation with a range of automation templates to choose from and email tracking options. You’ll also have access to in-depth segmentation tools so you can customize your message for every customer. Features include:
- Excellent range of customizable templates and forms
- Spam email tools to help you avoid the spam folder
- Autoresponder tools and automation templates
- Integrations with leading services like Salesforce and Shopify
- A/B testing and analytics for emails and landing pages
- Opt-in forms for collecting leads
- Extensive segmentation
As mentioned above, there is a basic free plan available from GetResponse, but you can only send a handful of emails to up to 500 contacts. After this, the paid packages start at around $15 per month, and increase depending on the number of subscribers you want to reach. You can also reduce your pricing by choosing to agree to a biannual plan.
- Excellent for automation and autoresponders
- Lots of integrations with leading tools and services
- Landing page building and form-building built-in
- Spam testing to help you stay in the inbox
- QR codes and media center
- Can be a little complex for beginners
- Free plan is quite restrictive
Constant Contact Alternative #7: SendPulse
Best for customer relationships
SendPulse is an email marketing and automation platform designed to help you grow your business at an incredible speed. With this tool, you can get all the email marketing, CRM, and automation tools you need in one convenient package, and stay in touch with your clients wherever you are.
More than just a solution for email marketing, SendPulse allows you to connect with customers across various channels, from chatbots on popular applications like Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp, to Web Push notifications and SMS. You can also personalize every aspect of your conversation with customers, with a host of different templates to choose from and customize.
SendPulse ensures companies can upgrade their service and sales strategy, while expanding on their marketing efforts, with a suite of tools for growing companies. Features include:
- Extensive SMS marketing tools and notifications
- Personalized messaging through chatbots on popular apps
- Landing page builder and form-building
- Email marketing with a range of templates to choose from
- Multilingual phone support and knowledgebase
- Access to push notifications
SendPulse’s free plan can support up to 500 subscribers, giving you an excellent entry point if you’re low on budget. You can also send up to 15,000 emails. Alternatively, paid plans are available on a monthly, 6-monthly, or yearly basis, starting at around $9 per month depending on the size of your list.
The more you’re willing to pay, the more you can upgrade your services, accessing additional features like multiple landing pages, unlimited tags for segments, and multiple flows for your automations strategy.
- Excellent omnichannel marketing and service
- Great for tracking relationships with customers
- Landing page building and form-building included
- Lots of customer profile and segmentation tools
- Fantastic customer support
- Can be quite expensive for more advanced features
- There’s a slight learning curve to get used to
Constant Contact Alternative #8: AWeber
Best for small to mid-sized businesses
One of the older email marketing tools in our list, AWeber has been helping customers to master their digital marketing campaigns for quite some time. If you’re looking for a feature-rich tool capable of integrating well with other software, and offering fantastic insights, AWeber is a good pick. You can even take advantage of some great autoresponders.
AWeber is very easy to use, and offers a range of features to help you build your business online. Outside of email automation, and email marketing templates, you also get convenient ecommerce pages for making sales on the web. There’s a fantastic landing page builder, and even access to web-push notifications to better reach your target audience.
AWeber allows for extensive segmentation, to boost your chances of gaining customer loyalty, and there’s excellent deliverability, so you should be able to rest assured you’ll reach the inbox every time. Plus, a mobile app makes it easy to keep track of campaigns on the go. Features include:
- Built-in Canva access for customization
- Wide range of automation options and autoresponders
- Forms, funnels, and push notifications for lead conversion
- Reports and analytics for useful insights
- Industry-leading deliverability
- Drag-and-drop template design
AWeber’s pricing structure is relatively transparent. You can either choose from a free plan with a 500 subscriber limited and 3000 email sends per month, or you can upgrade to the much more expensive “Pro” package, which comes with unlimited email sends, list profiles, and subscribers.
Notably, the free package doesn’t have some pretty crucial tools, including the option to use your own branding on emails, or access A/B testing. Pro starts at around $16.15 per month for 0-500 subscribers, and the amount you pay will increase based on your contact numbers.
- Fantastic template customization with Canva integration
- Industry-leading levels of deliverability
- Useful tools for capturing and converting leads
- Easy-to-use environment (once you get used to it)
- Lots of in-depth insights and reporting tools
- Can take a while longer to get used to than some tools
- Significant limitations for the free package
Constant Contact Alternative #9: ActiveCampaign
Best for email automation
If you’re looking for an email marketing tool that can go beyond the basic autoresponders of Constant Contact, then ActiveCampaign could be just what you need. ActiveCampaign is a software solution specially designed to help you drive business growth and transform your audience connections with incredible automation.
This marketing automation tool comes with a wide selection of features, including tools to help you reach your target audience, like ecommerce site building, landing pages, and subscription forms. You can combine your email marketing strategy with Facebook custom audiences, and messaging or text. There’s also access to a CRM environment with contact and lead scoring, pipelines, and win probably, for better sales.
ActiveCampaign is one of the leading tools on the market for sales teams, with tons of tools for generating loyalty, and connecting with your customers. You can even access dynamic content which adapts according to the needs of your customer. Features include:
- Ecommerce transactions and page-building
- Messaging, text, and social media integration
- Complete automation mapping with automation goals
- Conversations and chat tools for customer service
- Split testing and pipelines
- CRM and sales automation
- Contact and lead scoring with win probability
ActiveCampaign is one of the more comprehensive marketing tools available right now for those in search of an alternative to Constant Contact. With that in mind, you might need to be willing to pay a bit more for the service. Pricing is based on your number of contacts, and the features you want. For instance, for 500 contacts, you can expect to pay:
- Lite: $9 per month with marketing automation, site and event tracking, segmentation, lead capture forms, unlimited email sending and API access.
- Plus: $49 per month for Lite’s features, plus advanced reporting, contact scoring, automation mapping, CRM sales automation, SMS marketing, and account management.
- Professional: $149 per month for all the features of Plus, as well as features like website personalization, predictive content and sending, attribution reporting, and split automation.
- Very advanced automation mapping with automation goals
- Excellent range of sales tools and lead scoring features
- Tools for loyalty and customer service
- In-depth customer insights and analytics features
- Build your own ecommerce store and landing pages
- Lots of features to get used to
- Can be quite expensive for some companies
Constant Contact Alternative #10: MailerLite
Best for simplicity
Proof email marketing automation doesn’t have to be overwhelming and complex, MailerLite helps business leaders to thrive online. You get tools for building websites, signup forms, landing pages, and automations, all in one convenient package. What’s more, everything is intended to be beginner-friendly, so you don’t have to worry about a huge learning curve.
MailerLite is an easy-to-use alternative to Constant Contact, with perfectly time email automations, and captivating email templates you can customize to suit your needs. The service allows for selling of digital products, tracking the results of your campaigns, and more. Plus, you can access integrations with various tools like Shopify and WordPress.
Whether you want to build your own website from scratch, or just access email campaigns and sign-up forms, MailerLite has something for everyone, and it’s surprisingly affordable when you consider the sheer extent of all the features you get. The email verifier even helps to keep your email list clean. Capabilities include:
- Build your own stunning websites, or integrate with your existing site
- Sell digital products online with ecommerce features
- Create automations timed according to your audience
- Engaging and dynamic email templates with drag-and-drop customization
- Extensive monitoring and analytics
- Landing page and form building tools for collecting customers
MailerLite offers a free version if you have up to 1000 subscribers, which allows you to send around 12,000 monthly emails. There’s also access to website building and 10 landing pages in this plan. For paid packages, you’ll start with the “Growing Business” package at $9 per month for up to 1000 subscribers, unlimited emails, and unlimited websites and blogs.
The Advanced package is $19 per month with the features of “Growing”, plus live chat and email support, promotional pop-ups, multiple automation triggers and Facebook integration. Finally, the “Enterprise” package is available for a custom price.
- Brilliant for creating landing pages and sign-up forms
- Create your own website alongside your email campaigns
- Extensive analytics and built-in email verifier
- Sell digital products with convenient ecommerce tools
- In-depth automations
- Not the best customer service on the free plan
Constant Contact Alternative #11: SendGrid
Best for Flexibility
A market leader in the email automation landscape, SendGrid promises a quick and simple way to grow your business and unlock new possibilities. SendGrid’s automation tools allow you to create customizable email marketing strategies which scale according to your organization. The service comes with a custom-built MTA, created for the cloud.
With global 24/7 support, SendGrid ensures there’s always someone available to answer any questions you might have about your email campaigns, and you’ll have access to industry-leading deliverability too. Real-time customizable analytics also ensure you have a deep-dive understanding of your customers and their preferences.
What makes SendGrid so appealing is its developer focus. You can access simple email marketing campaign tools, or you can dive deeper into the coding of the tool with API access. If you already have developer knowledge, this means you can embed email marketing solutions into your existing apps and websites. Features include:
- Industry-leading deliverability with a deliverability expert team
- Real-time custom analytics built to focus on your metrics
- Global support from a dedicated professional team
- A/B testing and actionable insights
- Comprehensive environment for developers with API access
- Complete email automation environment for non-developers
SendGrid pricing falls into two categories. You can either pay for API access, or the email marketing service. You can access the API for free for up to 100 emails per day. After that, you’ll need the “Essentials” package, starting at $14.95 per month with SMTP relay, and webhooks, as well as dynamic template editors.
The “Pro” package starts at $89.95 per month with all the features of Essentials, plus sub-user management, single sign-on, and insightful analytics. There’s also a “Premier” package with custom pricing. For marketing campaigns alone, you can start for free for up to 6,000 emails per month, and paid packages start with:
- Basic: $15 peer month with code and design editors, A/B testing and sign-up forms.
- Advanced: $60 per month with actionable insights, automation, and a dedicated IP.
- Excellent environment for developers with API access
- Lots of templates and automations to choose from
- Dedicated IP for some packages
- In-depth analytics with custom metrics
- Fantastic customer support
- Can be complicated for beginners
Finding your Constant Contact Alternative
There are plenty of alternatives to Constant Contact on the market today. As email marketing and digital advertising automation tools continue to gain more popularity, there are dozens of tools to choose from. The right option for you depends on your unique needs.
If you’re looking for extensive automations, ActiveCampaign is easily one of the best options on the market, with its in-depth tools for driving sales. If you’re more interested in budget-friendly marketing, you can always consider something like MooSend, with its easy-to-use feature set.
Alternatively, if you want something completely unique, you can explore something like SendGrid, with its handy API access. Good luck finding the email marketing tools most suitable for you.