As an email marketing solution, Mailchimp is definitely one of the top contenders. As of 2019, Mailchimp announced it had an average of 11 million active customers and an audience of over 4 billion people. Currently, companies across 175 countries rely on Mailchimp for sending around 6 billion messages every week.
However, just because Mailchimp is popular, doesn't mean it's right for everyone.
Here's your guide to the best Mailchimp alternatives if you need something a little different.
Why Consider Mailchimp Alternatives?
Before we jump into some of the top Mailchimp alternatives, let's consider why you might want to switch away from Mailchimp in the first place.
Mailchimp is one of the go-to email marketing tools for companies in search of simplicity, convenience, and valuable insights. There's a generous freemium plan to get you started, which allows you to send up to 10,000 emails to 2,000 of your subscribers.
Mailchimp integrates with social media tools and Google analytics, so you can learn more about your target audience, and it comes with a great template editor too.
Mailchimp is probably the right choice for you if:
- You value integrations: Mailchimp offers a range of integrations with other tools including connections to Zapier, WordPress, and many others.
- You want a built-in CRM: You can get a great all-in-one experience with Mailchimp, including a built-in CRM, landing pages, and form building.
- Online or offline services are part of your solution: You can access booking features within Mailchimp, which helps with managing the flow of business.
- You need native commerce features: Mailchimp makes it easy to access email marketing and product selling features in the same space.
- Ease of use is crucial: Mailchimp is wonderfully easy-to-use and comes with a convenient template editor already built-00in.
Mailchimp might not be right for you if:
- Cheap subscription plans are crucial: After the generous freemium plan, the subscription costs of Mailchimp can get very expensive.
- You need access to constant support: There's very little support available on some plans, and you won't have access to live chat.
- You're not very organized: There are limits on the number of lists you can create with Mailchimp, so you'll need to be cautious in managing contacts.
The Top Mailchimp Alternatives
Like any email service provider, Mailchimp has a variety of pros and cons to consider. We've chosen our selection of Mailchimp alternatives focusing on solutions that counteract some of the potential issues you might have with Mailchimp.
Mailchimp Alternative #1: Moosend
Best budget-friendly option
If you appreciate the functionality of Mailchimp, but the pricing is a bit too much for you to bare, Moosend could be the perfect solution. Moosend offers many of the same capabilities as Mailchimp, including a convenient drag-and-drop email template editor and a host of different design options to choose from.
Moosend makes it easier to develop strong relationships with your target audience, through advanced segmentation features (even available for free users). You'll also get a host of tools for creating email automation, so you can send messages at just the right time to convert your audience.
Not only is Moosend 49% cheaper on average than Mailchimp, but it also offers a ton of essential capabilities, making it a top pick for business leaders, including:
- Comprehensive list segmentation and customer information tracking
- Sign-up forms to power your lead generation strategy and landing pages
- Integrations to a range of popular apps and services
- Real-time analytics for tracking success in the moment
- Email marketing automation features to streamline communication
There's a 30-day free trial available from Moosend, so you can test the majority of the features without spending a penny. When you're ready to start paying for premium services, the “Pro” package starts at $9 per month for up to 500 subscribers, with unlimited emails, automation workflows, landing pages and forms, and an SMTP server.
The more customers you have, the more you'll potentially pay. There's also the option to create a custom plan with priority support and an account manager.
- Excellent affordable prices for beginners
- Great automation workflows with a visual builder
- Landing page and form building tools
- Excellent customer service and support
- Dedicated IP available
- Lacks the CRM access of Mailchimp
- No free plan
Read our full Moosend review
Mailchimp Alternative #2: Sendinblue
Best all-in-one solution
Like Moosend, Sendinblue shares many valuable similarities with Mailchimp, including access to a built-in CRM, so you can track various pieces of crucial customer information. Sendinblue is also excellent for omnichannel marketing, as it allows you to build drip campaigns via email, social media, and SMS.
Sendinblue and Mailchimp both offer a free plan, so Sendinblue is likely to be a great alternative if you want to test something out with a very low budget. The email marketing solution comes with a host of extra benefits, including live support and excellent segmentation options.
You'll have access to various integrations with leading tools, powerful transactional emails, and a fantastic user interface where you can manage everything with ease. Features include:
- Convenient range of integrations with leading tools
- Built-in CRM for tracking customer information
- Email marketing, social media, and SMS in one
- Access to real-time reporting and analytics
- Powerful UI with convenient building tools
- Live chat for communicating with clients
The free package allows users to send up to 300 emails per day and access chat for one user. After that, you'll have a few different packages to choose from, starting with the $25 per month “lite” plan for up to 40k emails per month, and the $49 Essentials plan for 60,000 emails. There's also an “Enterprise” option available with a tailored quote.
- Fantastic live support features
- Easy segmentation and targeting
- Embeddable forms and pages
- Powerful omnichannel SMS and email marketing
- CRM technology included
- Email editor has some limitations
- Very basic free plan
Mailchimp Alternative #3: HubSpot
Best Marketing Tools
With a free CRM included as part of the package, HubSpot ensures you can develop a deeper connection with your target audience from day one. More than just an email marketing service, HubSpot offers everything from marketing automation to service and sales support.
What really sets HubSpot from other Mailchimp competitors is how many advanced marketing tools you can access. There are countless valuable tools such as A/B testing functionality and smart time zone sending to ensure you always reach your audience at the right time.
HubSpot also comes with multiple language support, as well as access to signup forms, landing page builders, and popups. There's also a comprehensive analytics dashboard. Features include:
- Easy to build templates with customizations
- Free CRM access for tracking customer information
- Powerful email scheduling with AI
- Personalized email marketing automation
- Access to a range of bonus marketing tools
There's a free plan available from HubSpot, similar to Mailchimp, which gives access to a range of marketing tools, including email, forms, CRM technology, and social media. You also get ads management built-in. The free plan allows for sending around 2,000 emails per month.
If you want to scale your email marketing services, you'll need to scale to one of the paid “Marketing Hub” plans. These start at $42 per month for the “Starter” hub or $655 for the full hub.
- Exceptionally easy to use platform with lots of great tools
- Excellent free service available
- Lots of support and guidance from the team
- Great for building auto-responders
- Good segmentation with CRM functionality
- Access to bonus marketing tools outside of email
- A/B testing only available in expensive packages
- Technical support only available through paid plans
Mailchimp Alternative #4: Constant Contact
Best for Customer Service
Constant Contact is a very popular tool for email marketing and automation. If you're looking for an extremely feature-rich solution to bring your email campaigns to life, Constant Contact has you covered. The solution allows for building comprehensive email marketing campaigns and beautiful email templates with a drag-and-drop builder.
Constant Contact is an excellent software solution with access to bonus features for engaging your audience like polls, coupons, and more. You can experiment with subject lines, segment your audience, and even access convenient list-building tools to keep track of everything.
Though some aspects of the Constant Contact environment have a slight learning curve associated with them, you should be able to get used to the landscape pretty quickly. You can even create segments for your audience based on their product interests. Features include:
- Extensive list-building tools with a range of tags for contacts
- Powerful automation with an easy-to-use builder
- Fantastic customer service and support
- Mobile app for sending emails on the move.
- Excellent range of analytics and reports
There's no free package available from Constant Contact like you'd get with Mailchimp, but you can try the functionality for about a month for free. After this, the pricing starts at around $20 per month and goes up depending on the number of subscribers you have. Even the basic packages allow for sending unlimited emails per day.
- Very easy to use environment with lots of guidance
- Good contact management tools with tags
- Great level of customer support
- A/B testing available on all plans
- Drag-and-drop template design
- Can be complex to learn how to use everything at first
- Limitations on storage
Mailchimp Alternative #5: GetResponse
Best for Newsletters
GetResponse is one of the best email automation tools on the market for companies looking to take full advantage of the power of automation. This state-of-the-art tool gives fantastic value for money to anyone in search of a convenient Mailchimp alternative. Not only is GetResponse easy to use, but it provides a very comprehensive email marketing experience too.
GetResponse has a limited free plan available, but depending on how much you're willing to spend, you can access a huge number of fantastic tools, including a powerful email builder and landing page creator. There's also access to opt-in forms to assist with your lead generation strategy.
Highly flexible and extendable, the GetResponse environment comes with ready-made funnels to get you up and running in the automation world. This technology can also easily integrate with a range of other software solutions like WordPress and PayPal. Features include:
- Auto funnel creation for easy messaging automation
- Wide range of mobile-responsive email templates with drag-and-drop builder
- Landing page creator and form builder
- CRM built-in with segmentation options
- Advanced selection of integration options
- Great analytics and data capture
There's a basic free plan where you can access some of the essential features of GetResponse as a beginner, or you can choose one of the three paid plans. The paid packages start at around $15 per month, but you can pay less if you choose to get your service on an annual or biannual plan.
- Excellent for automation with pre-built funnels
- Integrations with leading apps
- Landing pages and form building built in
- Multimedia center with QR codes
- Robust range of templates and landing pages
- Drag and drop can be complex in places
- Limited free plan
Mailchimp Alternative #6: Mailjet
Best for Developers
If you're looking for an email marketing offering with excellent flexibility for omnichannel campaigns, it's hard to go wrong with MailJet. This solution by Sinch offers two ways to go about sending your emails. You can use a pre-built solution with drag-and-drop email editing and contact management in one place, or you can access the developer features.
The developer side of MailJet is what makes the service so appealing for business leaders who have specific requirements regarding customer communication. You can set up an SMTP relay server in a matter of minutes and integrate an email API with your existing configuration.
At the same time, MailJet still gives standard users everything they need to thrive online, including extensive segmentation options for customers, and in-depth analytics. Features include:
- Actionable analytics and custom reports
- SMTP relay server with full control
- API access and developer documentation
- Contact management and segmentation
- Easy to use email editing environment
- Convenient collaborative space for teams
Pricing for MailJet depends on how many emails you need to send per month, and what kind of features you want. For instance, if you want to send up to $15,000 emails per month, you can choose the Essential plan starting at $15 to access online customer support, 50 email previews a month, and 1 sub-account.
For the same number of emails on the Premium package, you'll pay $25 per month and access features like multi-user access, role management, and dynamic content. There's also custom pricing available on request.
- Excellent flexibility for developers
- Fantastic segmentation and A/B testing features
- Lots of marketing automation options
- Good for team collaboration among agencies
- Powerful reporting and analytics
- Limited functionality on the less-expensive plan
- Some limitations on customer service
Mailchimp Alternative #7: Klaviyo
Best for email insights
Klaviyo is one of the most powerful alternatives to Mailchimp for companies in search of an innovative way to increase sales and improve relationships with customers. The solution offers in-depth reporting and analytics tools, as well as powerful segmentation, so you can send more relevant messages to everyone in your list.
With a robust toolkit full of exceptional features to explore, including SMS marketing, beautiful email templates, and a host of signup forms for capturing leads, Klaviyo has a lot to offer. You can search through pre-built template libraries with their own automations already built-in, and find popular ecommerce flows to make your campaigns more efficient.
Like Mailchimp, Klaviyo has an easy-to-use no-code editor when you want to customize your messages too. You can simply drag-and-drop everything into the right place. Features include:
- One-time newsletters and automated campaigns
- Drag-and-drop no code editor
- Email and SMS combined
- Signup forms for capturing leads
- Ecommerce automation templates
- More than 200 integrations
- Instant capturing for customer data
- Real-time customer profiles with segmentation
Free for up to 250 contacts, Klaviyo offers an easy way to get started with email marketing. You can even send up to 500 emails on the free package. After that, your pricing will depend on the number of emails you're going to send, and your number of email contacts.
You can spend around $20 per month on up to 500 contacts with unlimited email sends and email/chat support. There's also the option to combine email and SMS, though you'll pay extra for the additional marketing channel.
- Fantastic reporting and in-depth analytics
- Great for segmenting your customers
- SMS and email marketing in one
- Pre-built automations make email marketing easy
- Fantastic range of signup forms
- Not the most extensive customer support
- Can be expensive for smaller businesses
Mailchimp Alternative #8: Omnisend
Best for omnichannel marketing
Trusted by more than 70,000 ecommerce brands today, Omnisend offers a convenient platform where business leaders can combine email and SMS marketing to increase sales. The solution is rated extremely well for ease of use and functionality, with a comprehensive range of templates to choose from, an easy setup process, and fantastic customer support.
This Mailchimp alternative is dedicated to helping companies get more done in their marketing campaigns with less time. You can link your email and SMS marketing campaigns from end-to-end with 100% customizable templates and automations.
The automation solution means you can drive revenue around the clock, starting with welcome series and cart recovery messages, and running all the way to post-purchase integrations. Features include:
- Extensive segmentation and customer tags
- Mixed SMS and email marketing
- Integrations with tools like Shopify and WooCommerce
- One-clicks tore integrations
- 24/7 expert support
- One-click migration from Mailchimp
- In-depth customer analytics
- A/B testing
- Pop-ups and signup forms
- Pre-built workflows and automations
For companies with limited budgets, Omnisend is an excellent solution, offering a free package for reaching up to 250 contacts. You can send up to 500 emails and 60 SMS messages on this plan, as well as 500 web push notifications.
The free package comes with segmentation and customer analytics, A/B testing, sales and performance reports, and automations, making it extremely generous.
Paid plans include:
- Standard: Starting at $16 per month for 500 contacts, 6000 emails a month, 60 SMS, and unlimited web pushes. You also get a customer success manager, and live chat support.
- Pro: Starting at $59 per month for 500 contacts, unlimited emails, up to 3,993 SMS a month, and unlimited web push. You also get advanced reporting and priority support.
The price of your package will increase depending on the number of customers you have.
- Excellent combined SMS and email marketing
- Lots of lead generation tools like pop-up forms
- In-depth analytics to help you understand your audience
- Accessed to advanced automation
- Very generous free plan
- Some limitations in email design customizations
- Social campaigns can be a little complicated
Mailchimp Alternative #9: AWeber
Best for small to mid-sized businesses
AWeber is widely regarded as the “classic” email marketing tool and an excellent alternative to Mailchimp. If you want a tool that has plenty of features, integrates well with other software solutions and allows you to extensively personalize your campaigns, this is it.
AWeber has delivered phenomenal autoresponder technology and email marketing tools for a number of years and continues to provide beginners with an easy-to-use ecosystem. The wide set of features is designed to help business leaders build more sustainable relationships with customers. You can segment your clients extensively and choose from a wide range of template options.
AWeber's template library is robust, with HTML options for customization, and analytics to go alongside your campaigns. This is also one of the few tools with its own mobile app. Some of the features of AWeber include:
- Canva design features built-in
- Extensive automation and segmentation options
- Forms, funnels, and push notifications
- Easy-to-use drag and drop email designs
- Free stock images included
- Reports and analytics for in-depth customer insights
- Automatic newsletters
- Industry-leading deliverability
AWeber has a very straightforward pricing structure with two options to choose from. The first is the free package, which comes with a subscriber limit of 500 people, and the option to send 3000 emails per month. The free package is pretty generous, with tons of email templates, dynamic content, AMP emails, and email automation options.
However, with the free package, you don't get A/B testing, behavioral automation, or the option to use your own branding. The pricing for the Pro premium package starts at $16.15 per month for 0-500 subscribers and differs depending on how many people you need to contact.
The Pro package comes with a host of extra features like behavioral automation, branded click-tracking links, sign-up form split-testing, extensive advanced reporting, and more.
- Brilliant built-in tools, like Canva for design
- Industry-leading deliverability
- Convenient automatic newsletters
- Easy-to-use drag and drop design
- Lots of analytics and insights
- Some significant limitations on the free package
- Can have a slight learning curve
Mailchimp Alternative #10: ConvertKit
Best for community building
ConvertKit is an all-in-one marketing kit designed to support creators, bloggers, and artists. The simple interface is great for beginners without a great deal of technical knowledge, and there are plenty of resources online to help you if you're not sure.
More than just a solution for email marketing, ConvertKit comes with a host of integrations to leading tools, as well as its own landing page creator and tool for email sign-up forms. You can also access commerce features within ConvertKit if you need help monetizing your website.
Though not quite as advanced as some of the other Mailchimp alternatives we've looked at so far, ConvertKit still includes all the essential features you might need to make your business successful online, including a dedicated email designer and automations. Features include:
- Landing page and form building tools
- Easy email templates with customization options
- Automatic sales funnels with a visual builder
- Sell digital products through ConvertKit
- Integrations with a range of leading tools
- Creator Pro for deliverability reporting
- Newsletter referral programs
- Subscriber scoring
Pricing for ConvertKit starts with a free package, allowing access to emails for up to 300 subscribers and unlimited landing pages and forms. The paid packages start at the following prices for 300 subscribers and increase based on your number of contacts:
- Creator: $9 per month for all the features of free plus live chat and email support and free migration from other tools. You can also create automated funnels.
- Creator Pro: $25 per month for all the features of Creator, plus Facebook custom audiences, newsletter referrals, subscriber scoring and advanced reporting
- Plenty of tools for capturing leads and building your list
- Sell digital products online
- Easy visual automation builders
- Easy-to-follow report structure
- Integrations with various leading tools
- No A/B testing options
- Best features are reserved for the higher-paid package
Mailchimp Alternative #11: ActiveCampaign
Best for email automation
If you're looking for innovative automation features to take your email marketing strategy to the next level, ActiveCampaign could be the perfect choice. This powerful Mailchimp alternative simplifies everything for your automation strategy, with a combination of drag-and-drop templates, visual workflows, and countless options for personalization.
Powering all kinds of companies with a unique approach to targeting, capturing, and nurturing customers, ActiveCampaign is great for building deeper relationships with your audience. You can use precise targeting methods to improve your chances of reaching the right customers and segment your email campaigns extensively using the built-in CRM.
ActiveCampaign is also one of the most feature-rich tools on the market, combining loyalty campaigns and split-testing tools with site-tracking, deliverability tracking, and more. Some of the top features of ActiveCampaign include:
- Built-in CRM with sales automation
- Contact and lead scoring tools
- Win probability and pipelines
- Sales engagement automation
- Deliverability tracking
- Site tracking
- Subscription forms
- Email segmentation
- Messaging and text segmentation
- Automation mapping and goals
- Facebook custom audiences
Unlike Mailchimp, there's, unfortunately, no free package with ActiveCampaign. However, this makes sense when you consider how many features you're actually getting. Pricing is based on your feature requirements and number of contacts. For 500 contacts, you'll pay:
- Lite: $9 per month for comprehensive marketing automation, segmentation, site and event racking, a customer newsletter, analytics, and extensive chat and email support. You also get segmented outreach, lead capture forms, unlimited email sending, and API access.
- Plus: $49 per month for all the features of Lite, plus advanced performance reporting, contact scoring, SMS marketing, automation mapping, CRM sales automation, SMS prospect nurturing, account management, deal assignment, and support for up to 25 users.
- Professional: $149 per month for everything in Plus, as well as sales engagement automation, win probability, website personalization, predictive content and sending, attribution reporting, split automations, in-app messaging and more. You even get a dedicated onboarding specialist for up to 50 users.
- Extensive range of sales and marketing tools
- Excellent for automation
- CRM built-in for deeper customer insights
- Integrations with a wide range of useful tools
- Support for multiple members of staff
- Can have a complex learning curve
- Quite expensive for smaller companies
Mailchimp Alternative #12: MailerLite
Best for simplicity
MailerLite is an effective and easy-to-use alternative to MailChimp if you're looking for something convenient and straightforward. Designed to support companies of all sizes, this solution allows organizations to create all kinds of email newsletters and automations. You can even design websites and signup forms with MailerLite too.
Ideal for engaging, dynamic emails, MailerLite ensures business leaders can automatically send perfectly targeted and timed emails. You can sell digital products, track the results of your campaigns, and access integrations with a range of fantastic tools, like WordPress and Shopify.
MailerLite is one of the more budget-friendly options on our list of MailChimp alternatives, but that doesn't mean the solution compromises on features. There are still plenty of great capabilities built into this tool, and you get great customer service too. Features include:
- Comprehensive range of email marketing templates
- Pre-built automation options
- Transactional emails
- Newsletter editor (drag-and-drop builder)
- Blog and website builder
- Landing page or signup creation
- Email verifier for cleaning your email list
- Paid newsletter subscriptions
- Ecommerce and digital product selling
There's a free version of MailerLite available for up to 1000 subscribers and 12,000 monthly emails. This makes MailerLite's free package one of the most generous on the market. You can even access your own websites and build up to 10 landing pages. Paid packages include:
- Growing business: $9 per month for up to 1000 subscribers, unlimited monthly emails, 3 users, and 24/7 support. You can also access unlimited websites and blogs, an unsubscribe page builder, dynamic emails, and auto-resend campaigns.
- Advanced: $19 per month for up to 1000 subscribers, unlimited monthly emails, unlimited users, live chat and email support, promotional pop-ups, multiple automation triggers, and Facebook integration.
- Enterprise: Custom pricing: All the features of Advanced plus a dedicated success manager, custom IP and deliverability support, and custom landing page and newsletter design.
- Affordable packages and generous free plan
- Pre-built automation options
- Website and blog builder built-in
- Excellent email verification tools
- Digital product selling options
- Some limitations on analytics
- Best customer service reserved for free plan
Mailchimp Alternative #13: SendGrid
Best for Flexibility
Promising to simplify email delivery, SendGrid is a leader in powerful email automation. This simple but impressive software is a solid alternative to Mailchimp, with a custom-built scalable design that can evolve with your company.
SendGrid offers reliability in the form of industry-leading deliverability levels, and you can learn more about your email marketing campaigns with a host if in-depth, custom analytics. As an added bonus, the service comes with sensational customer service and support, with experts located all around the world.
Part of what makes SendGrid so attractive to today's companies is its flexibility. You can either access a full email marketing campaign with automation tools, or you can embed email functionality into an existing app or website using an API. Features include:
- Proven deliverability
- API access with complete customization
- Visual automation building
- Comprehensive customer segmentation
- Easy-to-use backend environment
- Support for developers
- Excellent scalability
- A/B testing and actionable insights
- Templates for hundreds of different emails
- Dedicated IP
Pricing depends on whether you're interested in the SendGrid API or marketing campaigns. The API is available for free if you want to send less than 100 emails per day. After that, packages scale in price according to the size of your subscriber list, starting with:
- Essentials: Starting at $14.95 per month with webhooks, SMTP relay and APIs, dynamic template editors, guaranteed response times and delivery optimization tools.
- Pro: Starting at $89.95 per month with all the features of Essentials plus sub-user management, dedicated IP, single sign-on, insightful analytics and more.
- Premier: Custom pricing for all the features of Pro, plus extra email validations and priority support.
The Marketing Campaign plans start with a free option for up to 6,000 emails per month. You also get segmentation and A/B testing. Paid packages start at:
- Basic: $15 per month with design and code editors, sign-up forms, A/B testing and segmentation.
- Advanced: $60 per month with actionable insights, 1000 team-mates, automation, dedicated IP, and more email testing credits.
- Versatile range of options for developers
- Wide selection of templates
- Dedicated IP available
- Excellent customer support
- Custom analytics
- Can be a little complicated for beginners
- Quite expensive on some packages
Which Mailchimp Alternative Should You Choose?
There's no one-size-fits-all when it comes to choosing the perfect alternative for MailChimp. While MailChimp has a lot of benefits to offer, there are plenty of alternatives out there offering their own unique benefits. For instance, developers might be more drawn to the flexibility of SendGrid, while SendinBlue offers a more all-in-one experience for SMS and email marketing.
If you're not sure which option is right for you, don't be afraid to take advantage of some free plans and trials, so you can test the functionality of different providers before signing up for a paid package. Finally, if you are looking for free email marketing solutions, check out list of the best free email marketing tools.
- 4 Best Generators in Armored Cored 6: Fires of Rubicon - September 25, 2023
- AFK Arena Wishlist Priorities: All the Must-Have Wishlist Heroes - September 25, 2023
- World Tower Defense Codes [v1.6.1] - September 25, 2023