Are you in search of Instagram's help to resolve issues with your account? Did you get shadowbanned and you are now looking for a way to resolve the issue?
Here are the ways to contact Instagram support in 2021 to seek assistance with any Instagram you are experiencing with the app.
However, keep in mind that due to the extremely high volume of Instagram users (909.8 million users in 2021, according to statista.com) and support requests, chances are that you will never get a direct response back. That is unless you are reporting a security vulnerability, you are an influencer or you own a verified IG account. I have never received a response directly, even when my issues were resolved.
- How to contact Instagram support
- Instagram support resources
- Issues you can report to Instagram
- Contact Instagram via your Facebook Ads Account Manager
- Sending an e-email to Instagram support no longer works
How to contact Instagram support
To submit a support ticket on Instagram you can follow these steps. This is the only way to contact Instagram support from the web in 2021:
- Go to Instagram's support website help.instagram.com
- On the left-hand side, click Privacy and Safety Center
- Click Report Something
- Select the type of issue you’re experiencing
- When the issue-related text appears look for a “report it” link.
- Click the “report it” link
- Follow the steps to fill out the form and hit send
You can also contact IG support through the mobile app, although it will be less flexible:
- Go to your Instagram profile
- Tap “Settings” at the top right corner
- Scroll down to Support > Report a Problem
- Follow the instructions there
Once again, the chances of getting a response back are minimal, as in most cases the issue will not be a top priority for Instagram. Combine that with the amount of issues being report from such a large user base and you can figure out why Instagram support falls short, to say the least.
Instagram support resources
The best place to find potential answers to your issues is Instagram's help center at help.instagram.com. Don't expect anything from their Facebook page or Twitter account.
The r/Instagram subreddit is a good place to ask a question, or express your concerns about the lack of support.
Issues you can report to Instagram
Here’s a list of all the types of issues you can request support for:
- Hacked Accounts – Select this option if you think that your account has been hacked or is posting unauthorized content.
- Impersonation Accounts – Select this option to report an account impersonating you. You will need to provide a government-issued ID and other evidence to resolve the issue.
- Hate Accounts – Click this option to report a hate-speech account.
- Intellectual Property – You can choose this option to report violations of intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark.
- Legal Removal Request – If you believe content on Instagram violates your personal legal rights or local law, it's possible that the content also may go against Instagram's Community Guidelines (example: bullying, harassment, hate speech).
- Exposed Private Information – Select this option if you encounter someone posting a user’s private information (e.g., home address).
- Self-Injury – Click this option to report posts in which another user manifests self-harm. You will find helpline options and other resources that may guide you in providing help to that person.
- Abuse & Spam – Click this option to report abuse, spam, or harassment.
- Exploitation – Select this option to read how you can report child exploitation, human trafficking, or wildlife exploitation.
- Other – If you don’t see your reason for wanting to contact Instagram, click this option.
Contact Instagram via your Facebook Ads Account Manager
If you are promoting your business through Facebook and you have reached a point where Facebook has assigned you a Facebook Ad Account manager, then you can submit your questions and problems. Since you now are a customer of Facebook for your advertising campaigns, the platform's support will typically get back to your pretty fast.
Sending an e-email to Instagram support no longer works
I still see people recommending others to send an email to [email protected] The service is long gone and discontinued, as it would be impossible to support. You will just receive an email directing you to the Instagram Help Center.
What is Instagram customer support number ?
It’s 650-543-4800. (Note: You will receive automated responses)
How do I contact Instagram directly?
Instagram's contact phone number is 650-543-4800 but you will only receive automated responses. Instagram support's contact email was [email protected], but the service is not supported any more in 2021.
How long does it take to hear back from Instagram support?
That solely depends on the channel and the issue at hand. It can take up to a week, or you may never hear back from them. On another note, A company spokesperson said its community operations team “respond to the majority of reports within 24 hours.
How to report a bug/technical issue to Instagram?
You can report any bugs you encounter on the Instagram app through the app itself.
- Go to your profile and tap Settings.
- Tap Help > Report a Problem, then follow the on-screen instructions
Make sure to provide a screenshot of the issue, your device model, and operating system version, along with the steps that you followed and led to the bug appearing. A proper and informative bug report has a higher chance of leading to a bug fix.
Nowadays Instagram allows you to shake your smartphone when a bug occurs to report a bug, instead of going through Help > Report a Problem. It will also capture a screenshot of the bug instantly.
Does Instagram have live chat support?
Unfortunately, there is no way to contact Instagram directly – you can't call, text, email, or otherwise speak to an employee or affiliate of Instagram. You can, however, use Instagram's Help Center to diagnose and report a problem.
How can I make my Instagram account official i.e., verified?
Request verification on Instagram is a quite simple process.
Here are the steps to request account verification on Instagram
- Go to your profile and tap the hamburger icon in the top right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Request Verification.
- Fill in the application form. Your legal name. Your “known as” or working name (if applicable) …
- Tap Send.
Instagram Help Center states, “Only some public figures, celebrities, and brands have verified badges on Instagram.” In other words: “only accounts with a high likelihood of being impersonated.”
Moreover, your account must meet each of these criteria:
- Authentic: Are you a real person, registered business, or brand? You cannot be a meme page or a fan account.
- Unique: only one account per person or business can get Instagram verified, except for language-specific accounts.
- Public: private Instagram accounts do not qualify for verification.
- Complete: You need to have a complete bio, a profile photo, and at least one post.
- Notable: Instagram defines a notable name as “well-known” and “highly searched for.”